joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that is what is way different this time vs. the 2008/2009 bloodbath; the curve. As of yesterdays close, we don't touch $60 until Dec 2015, and 10 years out on the curve closed at $68.11. The entire forward market has been crushed this time, not just the front.

Have you seen the thread in the political roundtable forum....

You honestly believe we'll get good snows from now until say 12/28. I know exactly where this pattern is going I've seen this happen before. Believe what you want to. 

"I've been enjoying this milder weather "  2 days of above normal and the first 15 days were still BN . I just can`t my man . 

Not sure what you are going to post about once past the 20th . 

WEATHER ITEM OBSERVED TIME RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST

VALUE (LST) VALUE VALUE FROM YEAR

NORMAL

TEMPERATURE (F)

YESTERDAY

MAXIMUM  48   357 PM 67 2008              43  5  40

MINIMUM   37     752 AM 6 1874              32  5  30

AVERAGE  43                                           38  5  35

There`s your torch , hope you didn`t get heat stroke .

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/prodsByState.php?state=NJ&prodtype=climate

Only about 6 of the past 15 days have been below going off of Newark, 2 have been near normal, and 7 have been above normal. Granted we're not talking huge departures if you exclude the 1st but it hasn't been below normal. It's been slightly above and the max has crossed 50. 

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/prodsByState.php?state=NJ&prodtype=climate

Only about 6 of the past 15 days have been below going off of Newark, 2 have been near normal, and 7 have been above normal. Granted we're not talking huge departures if you exclude the 1st but it hasn't been below normal. It's been slightly above and the max has crossed 50. 

KNYC is .3 below normal , that includes the Dec 1 splits of 65- 42 . that is not a torch ( that u $%^& swore was coming since late November ) , that is not mild in fact the last 15 days have been just below .

You are entitled to our own opinion but not your own facts .

Like I said once past the 20th your prob going to be bored . 

I think the reader can go back and look at was written I  said the 1- 15 would prob be below- the " warm up " would be 3 days max and then the pattern will change around the 20th .

Think so far that`s worked out pretty well . You can read it all in Dec thread that started back in NOV among others ( cough ) .

You honestly believe we'll get good snows from now until say 12/28. I know exactly where this pattern is going I've seen this happen before. Believe what you want to. 

Past results do not determine future outcomes. I have seen this pattern develop as much as you have, probably more. Late Mid-Late December snows in a weak El Nino in the NYC Metro area is not uncommon and should actually be expected. Indices do not have to be perfect or even favorable in any way shape or form but can be moving into that direction and this more times than not yields very solid results from a snow perspective.

The teleconnections. They all are unfavorable until post Xmas with a +AO/NAO/EPO. Sure sometimes a system sneaks in but for the most part it's not gonna happen if things are like this. Past two coastals didn't work out or turned warmer as we got closer because indices did not support a snow event.

The change is going to come after Christmas. Why are you really negative of late? You were never like this.

KNYC is .3 below normal , that includes the Dec 1 splits of 65- 42 . that is not a torch ( that u $%^& swore was coming since late November ) , that is not mild in fact the last 15 days have been just below .

You are entitled to our own opinion but not your own facts .

Like I said once past the 20th your prob going to be bored . 

Based on where you're located then it ranged from slightly above to slightly below with things warmer the further south you went. You're right it wasn't a torch; the models were wrong and that includes the forecast models but a few things didn't work out as some called either including a mid month pattern change. It will obviously take longer than that which was my call. I'm still going post Xmas on a true pattern change and I'll admit it profusely if I'm wrong. 

Based on where you're located then it ranged from slightly above to slightly below with things warmer the further south you went. You're right it wasn't a torch; the models were wrong and that includes the forecast models but a few things didn't work out as some called either including a mid month pattern change. It will obviously take longer than that which was my call. I'm still going post Xmas on a true pattern change and I'll admit it profusely if I'm wrong. 

Then why not just opine with that . No one disputes that , the pattern changes once past the 20th and once to the 24th

the EPO AO PNA all go NEG .

You are going to force SWs under all that confluence and the trough will end up on the EC .

That pattern will favor the coast .

Starting out with - No snow for weeks and it`s mild kinda doesn`t tell the whole story . That`s all .

Then why not just opine with that . No one disputes that , the pattern changes once past the 20th and once to the 24th

the EPO AO PNA all go NEG .

You are going to force SWs under all that confluence and the trough will end up on the EC .

That pattern will favor the coast .

Starting out with - No snow for weeks and it`s mild kinda doesn`t tell the whole story . That`s all .

I agree it did sound dumb the way it was phrased. At least you've been consistent with all of this which is good. Winter forecasting will never be an easy thing to do so I'll always give a Met or amateur forecaster credit for putting their thoughts out there and taking the heat when they're wrong. 

Archived