EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand it has been mentioned before but I truly think it would be a good idea to have a thread just for red/green taggers as well as those who aren't but have extensive weather knowledge such as PB GFI, AllSnow, and others who I can't think of of the top of my head. I don't know if something like this possible but I think it would help a lot.

I understand it has been mentioned before but I truly think it would be a good idea to have a thread just for red/green taggers as well as those who aren't but have extensive weather knowledge such as PB GFI, AllSnow, etc.

I find it helpful to read the MA forum. It's not our/your backyard but there is very little bickering their, just pure analysis.

Christ

Keep 'em in their sockets...with just 20 inches or so of snow coming to the Park this winter (per my spot on forecast)...the next 4 months of banter on this board is going to reach new heights in lol worthiness. 

*Giggles*

I think this forum has hit an all time low in the storm thread - and unfortunately the reason is poor moderation and not nipping problem posters in the bud that don't know how to follow rules especially regarding personal attacks and banter in the storm threads. It is  not the fault of any one particular moderator - just seems the guidelines they have in place from the top on how to deal with these problems are not working - time to change them and clean up Dodge City !

Folks I lurk 90% of the time ; Why ? Because you learn more by listening rather than talking . I mean listening to those who are well versed in storm analysis. However,Mods try and monitor regular threads more to keep topics focused .I know some get irritated when snow chances dim but we all must remember this is the hobby we have chosen for good times and bad times.

Top posting NYC members right now are Pamela and IsentropicLift. There's your problem. IsentropicLift is the worst of it though. Pamela will be banned soon.

Thanks for editing your post and taking ME off your list - also the 2 contest threads I started are free from all the personal attacks and banter. Also I did not mention any particular names - that should be the moderators job to determine who the real trouble makers are and take action. I still think everyone should have a daily post limit in a storm thread and unlimited posts in the other threads if this website technically would allow that...

Top posting NYC members right now are Pamela and IsentropicLift. There's your problem. IsentropicLift is the worst of it though. Pamela will be banned soon.

I don't know what you want from me, if someone is going to attack me I can only bite my lip for so long.

90% of the time I make contributions to this forum which most find valuable. I have to learn to just ignore the haters and let the moderators deal with them.

And when you're trying to give a quick on the fly model breakdown mistakes are going to occasionally occur, we're all human. When you're doing PBP like that you don't have the luxory of sitting there and analyzing each panel for hours beforehand.

Daily post limits during a storm thread? Brilliant. Take the very thing that can build and grow the community and put limits on it.

No. This is not the answer. The answer is two fold. Give first and final warnings to poisonous posters such as IsentropicLift and Pamela. Emphasize quality posts over quantity posts. Warn over-excited weenies like TonyLovesSnow and Snowski; limit THEIR daily post count if needed, just to educate them in how to post here. This helps instill a governed community and fosters respect...something needed and sorely missing here. You cannot have someone like IsentropicLift running the model and obs threads, giving crappy analysis day in and day out. You cannot have someone like bat****-crazy-Pamela running the banter threads. 

If you think that I'm a "poisonous poster" then you obviously don't spend enough time in here.

If you think that I'm a "poisonous poster" then you obviously don't spend enough time in here.

I don't know what you want from me, if someone is going to attack me I can only bite my lip for so long.

90% of the time I make contributions to this forum which most find valuable. I have to learn to just ignore the haters and let the moderators deal with them.

And when you're trying to give a quick on the fly model breakdown mistakes are going to occasionally occur, we're all human. When you're doing PBP like that you don't have the luxory of sitting there and analyzing each panel for hours beforehand.

This begins to get to the crux of the matter. Keep in mind that no one asked you to give the PBP. But since you volunteered, it can work so long as what you say is correct. The problem is...it's usually not. If you recognize that what you're posting is not accurate, you should slow down and post less. In your case, posting not at all would be the best option for the health of the board. The reason I say this is because I watch you belittle and talk down to other posters all the time. In your mind, you are the legendary anchor of this forum. You are so far from that level of a poster, and you don't realize it. 

Daily post limits during a storm thread? Brilliant. Take the very thing that can build and grow the community and put limits on it.

No. This is not the answer. The answer is two fold. Give first and final warnings to poisonous posters such as IsentropicLift and Pamela. Emphasize quality posts over quantity posts. Warn over-excited weenies like TonyLovesSnow and Snowski; limit THEIR daily post count if needed, just to educate them in how to post here. This helps instill a governed community and fosters respect...something needed and sorely missing here. You cannot have someone like IsentropicLift running the model and obs threads, giving crappy analysis day in and day out. You cannot have someone like bat****-crazy-Pamela running the banter threads. 

thank you - yes it was a brilliant idea - also I refuse to name individual names as the problems around here since I think there are quite a few more involved in all the shenanigans around here and I think some are doing it on purpose to disrupt the forum. Also there is no need for someone to be posting continuous posts in storm threads - remember we are in search of quality - not quantity - they can get their message across in a limited number of posts - and the quality of the posts will increase because they will put some thought into what they are saying if they know they have a daily limit - the daily limit should be reasonable so the forum is allowed to grow and prosper..........

The problem as i see is it is people are more interested in attacking people than discussing weather.

Instead of simply correcting a mistake people take it way to far. Those people then play victim after they stir the pot.

Wrong information isn't an excuse to start personal attacks and demeaning posts.

I don't agree with this, really at all. Mistakes are a problem when a poster decides to make himself the de facto pbp'er, especially in lieu of belittling others who make them. Man, I miss tombo, but I certainly understand why he left.

The problem as i see is it is people are more interested in attacking people than discussing weather.

Instead of simply correcting a mistake people take it way to far. Those people then play victim after they stir the pot.

Wrong information isn't an excuse to start personal attacks and demeaning posts.

It's all good dude, I make the contributions for those that appreciate it. And for those that don't, they can go scratch.

thank you - yes it was a brilliant idea - also I refuse to name individual names a the problems around here since I think there are quite a few more involved in all the shenanigans around here and I think some are doing it on purpose to disrupt the forum. Also there is no need for someone to be posting continuous posts in storm threads - remember we are in search of quality - not quantity - they can get their message across in a limited number of posts - and the quality of the posts will increase because they will put some thought into what they are saying..........

A fair post and this is why I took you off my list problem list. I really do think you mean well. Others, not so much.

I don't agree with this, really at all. Mistakes are a problem when a poster decides to make himself the de facto pbp'er, especially in lieu of belittling others who make them. Man, I miss tombo, but I certainly understand why he left.

I became the "de facto pbp'er" because nobody else is here to do it most of the time. I think you'll notice that when Allsnow is doing the PBP for the most part I don't say anything unless I'm adding something of value. You don't need two posters at the same time saying 996mb at OBX. I only wish he would give me the same respect.

You're not a leader and you will never be a moderator here. Give it up already.

This is a weather forum dude, I'm not here to hold someone's hand or have my hand held by someone else.

I have far more important things to worry about in real life. I come here for fun and to learn about my favorite hobby. Not to argue about who is gettting more snow.

I became the "de facto pbp'er" because nobody else is here to do it most of the time. I think you'll notice that when Allsnow is doing the PBP for the most part I don't say anything unless I'm adding something of value. You don't need two posters at the same time saying 996mb at OBX. I only wish he would give me the same respect.

Now allsnow is a great poster. Gives accurate pbp, assists in educating others when called upon, and doesn't treat other posters like garbage when they share their opinion(s). You could learn from him.

Now allsnow is a great poster. Gives accurate pbp, assists in educating others when called upon, and doesn't treat other posters like garbage when they share their opinion(s). You could learn from him.

Allsnow makes mistakes as well, just like everyone else. And I'm quite sure that you're talking about someone else when you say treat posters like garbage because that certainly wouldn't be an accurate description of me.

Allsnow makes mistakes as well, just like everyone else. And I'm quite sure that you're talking about someone else when you say treat posters like garbage because that certainly wouldn't be an accurate description of me.

You just did it the other day and I called you out on it. You pick on Anthony because you think you can get away with it. What you don't realize is that you are far more of a weenie than Anthony was, is and could ever be. Even through all of this, you are not accepting any responsibility for your contribution to trhe tailspin here. Your response is..."waaa, I'm gonna do it my way, and if you don't like it, "scratch yourself." That pretty much sums up everything wrong with you and what you do to this place on a daily basis. Congrats. My work is done.

Archived