• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/small_earthquake_recorded_near_central_new_jersey.html

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Officials say a very small earthquake in central New Jersey has caused no damage or injuries.

The U.S. Geological Survey's national information center says the 1.9-magnitude quake occurred at 7:13 a.m. Saturday. It hit in an area about 17 miles east/southeast of Trenton.

A small number of people in some western Monmouth County and northern Ocean County towns say they felt the quake in their homes. But for most residents, the event was completely unnoticed.

Experts say earthquakes in New Jersey are rare and usually small when they do occur.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Concerning the seasonal snowfall contest, if many move their decimal points just one figure to the left...I think the predictions may have a higher chance of verifying...

Just trying to help.

So my 70 would be a 7 then. Both those numbers are unlikely to verify.

But its good to see your sense of humor is intact!

<runs out of the room in disbelief>

Concerning the seasonal snowfall contest, if many move their decimal points just one figure to the left...I think the predictions may have a higher chance of verifying...

Just trying to help.

you still feel comfortable with your 2.0 prediction for December and total season snowfall of 20.0 ?

you still feel comfortable with your 2.0 prediction for December and total season snowfall of 20.0 ?

More comfortable than the guy who went for 107...I suppose. 

Why are people already giving up on the 21 storm?lol

I am not giving up I am just waiting for proof that it will be cold enough at all levels in NYC to support snow for a good portion of the storm - I have my doubts as do others especially with a still warm Atlantic Ocean and onshore flow and a weak high that we are not sure will stay in place in the right location to support frozen here - that high and the strength and location of it is  the most important feature to watch. in this setup...

More comfortable than the guy who went for 107...I suppose

I disqualified him because he disrespected the contest by starting a thread here with his winter outlook which had much lower amounts. When I questioned him about it he said it was a joke the 107 amount.

I disqualified him because he disrespected the contest by starting a thread here with his winter outlook which had much lower amounts. When I questioned him about it he said it was a joke the 107 amount.

I won't misrepresent reality...even having read these boards for several years...my knowledge in the area of the finer points of long range forecasting is pretty lacking...I'm pretty fair in the short range and very well acquainted with the climatology of this country East of the Rockies.  As for the contest, TWT. 

Caught one Geminid meteor tonight after about an hour of continuous shooting. You'd think shooting 28 mm centered on the zenith less than 24 hours after peak ZHR would yield better results, but alas...

There was one really bright meteor I saw tonight around 9:00.  Caught me completely off guard.  It's usually too bright around here to see stuff like that.

I won't misrepresent reality...even having read these boards for several years...my knowledge in the area of the finer points of long range forecasting is pretty lacking...I'm pretty fair in the short range and very well acquainted with the climatology of this country East of the Rockies.  As for the contest, TWT. 

Your snowfall total of 20 inches for the season can happen very easily and even less then that has verified many times in the past obviously so no one should be critical of your prediction long range snowfall forecasting is just a guess even by the so called experts -  thats probably why nobody with a red tag entered the seasonal contest.........Also his 107 inches would have been included if he said it wasn't a joke

that December 19 -20 storm thread sure turned into a disaster fast with the pissing contest going on between YanksFan vs. The rest.........I see even TMOTS stopped posting in it

The fact of the matter is, no other poster on this forum would have been called out the same way for making a mistake like that. AllSnow made a bad mistake during the last storm and the only poster that called him out on it was Earthlight.

Archived