12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like how cold is showing up inside 10 days now. That makes me happy. It sure has taken long enough. I also like how there is decent agreement between the Euro and GFS at the moment. Hopefully, we don't start seeing messages about data ingest or something stupid like that. Also hopefully, we'll see consistency tonight and going forward and get this mess inside 3 or 4 days.

Not surprising if these solutions hold onto the pattern change to cold, models usually do a good job first sniffing out pattern changes ( back in early Dec it looked like Xmas to end of year was the time it would change) and then the models promptly went nuts and started  running all over the place with drastic run to run changes ( which is typical in a pattern change period) ) before finally settling back down inside a week or so of the change.

Bevo, I hardly need to post anymore, as we seem to share the same thoughts and opinions on many things.

I'll just add my echo to this post.  It's been a chilly December so far here in the HKY.

My random observations from the past several days' worth of posts:

• MariettaWx and Metalman continue to enjoy poking holes in the optimists' balloons.
  • Brick continues to be upset by their posts (which is probably their intent).  Don't let 'em get to you, Brick.
  • CR stands solidly in the middle of future cold versus future warm, not falling into either the pessimist or optimist camp.
  • Webberweather is back dropping some serious weather knowledge once again, even somewhat challenging the lauded Don Sutherland.
  • Jshetley somehow found some rain in his backyard.  I didn't think that was possible.  It's a Christmas miracle!
  • Burgertime is actively engaging in PBP once again, which is a great sign for winter weather prospects.
  • Packbacker is cautiously optimistic, not ready to throw in the towel on this season...yet.
  • Buckeye and jburns have had a relatively easy time of it lately with no serious arguments to break up.  That will probably change in the near future, because even the SE forum has its spats from time to time.
  • Level heads continue to wait for future rewards and refuse to be swayed too far on the pendulum of emotions with each model run.  If it's more than 5 days out, we have no idea on specifics, so it's better to just wait it out.
That is all for now.  The trends are encouraging.  Merry Christmas to all!

Well said Calc. Good to have you weigh in!

Do you know what grinds my gears?

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HONOLULU HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD
WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM HST WEDNESDAY. THE
BLIZZARD WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS...MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA ABOVE 11500 FEET.

* HAZARD TYPES...VERY STRONG WINDS AND BITTERLY COLD WIND CHILLS. HEAVY
SNOW...BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...AND LIGHTNING STRIKES.

* ACCUMULATIONS...UP TO 12 INCHES THROUGH WEDNESDAY...WITH HIGHER
DRIFTS.

:lol:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HONOLULU HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD

WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM HST WEDNESDAY. THE

BLIZZARD WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS...MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA ABOVE 11500 FEET.

* HAZARD TYPES...VERY STRONG WINDS AND BITTERLY COLD WIND CHILLS. HEAVY

SNOW...BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...AND LIGHTNING STRIKES.

* ACCUMULATIONS...UP TO 12 INCHES THROUGH WEDNESDAY...WITH HIGHER

DRIFTS.

Road trip!!

I thought the same thing.  But according to Google Maps, there isn't a road to get there.

I thought the same thing.  But according to Google Maps, there isn't a road to get there.

you drive west on I10 til it ends, then like the guy on the irish srping commercial years ago made it to work "backstroke"

Bevo, I hardly need to post anymore, as we seem to share the same thoughts and opinions on many things.

I'll just add my echo to this post.  It's been a chilly December so far here in the HKY.

My random observations from the past several days' worth of posts:

• MariettaWx and Metalman continue to enjoy poking holes in the optimists' balloons.
  • Brick continues to be upset by their posts (which is probably their intent).  Don't let 'em get to you, Brick.
  • CR stands solidly in the middle of future cold versus future warm, not falling into either the pessimist or optimist camp.
  • Webberweather is back dropping some serious weather knowledge once again, even somewhat challenging the lauded Don Sutherland.
  • Jshetley somehow found some rain in his backyard.  I didn't think that was possible.  It's a Christmas miracle!
  • Burgertime is actively engaging in PBP once again, which is a great sign for winter weather prospects.
  • Packbacker is cautiously optimistic, not ready to throw in the towel on this season...yet.
  • Buckeye and jburns have had a relatively easy time of it lately with no serious arguments to break up.  That will probably change in the near future, because even the SE forum has its spats from time to time.
  • Level heads continue to wait for future rewards and refuse to be swayed too far on the pendulum of emotions with each model run.  If it's more than 5 days out, we have no idea on specifics, so it's better to just wait it out.

That is all for now.  The trends are encouraging.  Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas Calculus  :wub: 

And your Dungeons and dragons game before that!

I played D&D   :P  

:angry:

:lol:    :P

Archived