Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That could cause dysdonia. Might I recommend Abilify or Xanax?

Is there any medication that runs a risk of causing permanent memory loss? That's what we need just in case the remainder of this winter goes to hell in a handbasket. We can whitewash our memories into believing 2014-15 was a glorious winter, high up the ranks to 2013-14 or even 2009-10. We don't want anymore cliff divers, The Grand Canyon is already reporting half-full capacity.

On second thought, let's just invest in one of these.

Neuralizer1.jpg

We are screwed.... 1991-1992 analog in full effect per the oracle Don S. 

**** this winter and all the bull**** hype that went with it.  I'll never buy into a long range seasonal forecast again. All of the stupid analogs mean very little it seems.  Forecasters are still at least a decade away probably much, much more from any type of skill above flipping a coin when it comes to long range forecasting.  Count me as a cliff jumper today....  Brick, you can now color me pessimistic about the rest of the season, you have been trying for about month now here's your chance while I'm down.

**** this winter and all the bull**** hype that went with it.  I'll never buy into a long range seasonal forecast again. All of the stupid analogs mean very little it seems.  Forecasters are still at least a decade away probably much, much more from any type of skill above flipping a coin when it comes to long range forecasting.  Count me as a cliff jumper today....  Brick, you can now color me pessimistic about the rest of the season, you have been trying for about month now here's your chance while I'm down.

LOL, I will wait til mid/end of Jan. It's Dec 20th.

Yeah, because the models haven't been swinging back and forth like crazy or anything, so now this has to be absolutely right. 

Naw....he's just saying it's possible  :lol:   Besides.....that winter game my Daughter her first snow to enjoy in MARCH of all months. I can remember staying up all night waiting for it to start. Hubby went to bed laughing at me around 11ish, but I was the one laughing in the morning as I was trying to teach him to ski  :lol:   :P   

**** this winter and all the bull**** hype that went with it. I'll never buy into a long range seasonal forecast again. All of the stupid analogs mean very little it seems. Forecasters are still at least a decade away probably much, much more from any type of skill above flipping a coin when it comes to long range forecasting. Count me as a cliff jumper today.... Brick, you can now color me pessimistic about the rest of the season, you have been trying for about month now here's your chance while I'm down.

1991-92 ranks up there with the best winters in my lifetime.

1991-92 ranks up there with the best winters in my lifetime.

I replied to this in the other thread where you said it.  I'm not sure why you felt the need to call out my post here as well.  My opinion is that if that winter ended up producing for you it was in spite of the pattern not because of it.  If you read his posts and maps you will see a 1991-1992 repeat will make it exceedingly hard to get a decent snowstorm.

I replied to this in the other thread where you said it. I'm not sure why you felt the need to call out my post here as well. My opinion is that if that winter ended up producing for you it was in spite of the pattern not because of it. If you read his posts and maps you will see a 1991-1992 repeat will make it exceedingly hard to get a decent snowstorm.

maybe he was referring to mainly the east coast. I'm sure he focuses less on the deep south and Midwest and other areas. Anyway, I will gladly take a repeat of 91-92.

Btw, that 91-92 snowstorm is the biggest snowstorm Atlanta has had in the last 30 years. Even bigger than the 93 blizzard.

Jesus, here come all of the Don S. is wrong posts....  this is getting ugly.

Webber had some nice counter points. I don't have any. Don is good, I'm not that good, so I'll read what other people have to say about his stuff and figure out which way I want to lean but no one can be right all the time.

Webber had some nice counter points. I don't have any. Don is good, I'm not that good, so I'll read what other people have to say about his stuff and figure out which way I want to lean but no one can be right all the time.

Indeed....Don isn't saying that a warm winter WILL happen, nor has he given up on winter. All he is saying is that according to the "forecasts" it is a possibility. This we already know  ;)   What will eventually happen.....only time will tell  ;) 

Archived