• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter

mackerel_sky

Not sure what Ronald B did to get banned. He disagreed in a few posts that I saw, but he wasn't mean to anyone...unless those posts were deleted. I was offline for a long time yesterday, so I may have missed it. Webber was told to drop the subject over and over, but he didn't.

I could be wrong but from what I understand Ronald B was banned under a previous name last year and somehow found his way back.  I think he finally made enough noise that the mods figured it out and just reinstated a ban from last season. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be wrong but from what I understand Ronald B was banned under a previous name last year and somehow found his way back.  I think he finally made enough noise that the mods figured it out and just reinstated a ban from last season.

Gotcha. Just out of curiosity, if you get banned, can you ever come back again? Like can you rehabilitate and get another chance?

I'm pretty sure it was Bobbit from last year.

Spanky's was pretty good man.  Ended up getting some teriyaki chicken strips.

On a side note, man River Street turns kind of rough after dark.  We went to Fiddler's late one night and when we came out it was like walking out into the hood of Atlanta.  Homeless folks and some not so nice folks all over the place up to no good.  I seriously spotted two gang members in full attire while I was down there as well near Montgomery St. 

Are you guys having some issues with crime and gang problems?

Wow, that's a bummer. I hate to see that as I'm proud of the city and always like to hear that visitors enjoy it. I almost always hear good things. Unfortunately, the crime situation is nothing new. I think that the key to River St., as is the case in other places here (especially downtown) and in other cities, is to be there only when you don't feel isolated. I'm sure you know this. Fortunately, I've never been a victim although I was approached by someone a number of years back in downtown (not River St.) who was looking for a bar and had a very threatening tone when I wasn't sure where it was. He was clearly p*ssed. I was momentarily scared but remained calm. Then we separated fortunately. I think he was drunk or on drugs. When under the influence like that, there's no telling what someone will do.

Gotcha. Just out of curiosity, if you get banned, can you ever come back again? Like can you rehabilitate and get another chance?

Not sure, always a good idea to listen to what the mods say.  They will let you know if you're pushing it, giving you time to adjust your postings before getting a ban or timeout.  Trust me I've had the discussions with some mods before about going to far.  If you stop when they say stop I have found you will end up being ok.

Wow, that's a bummer. I hate to see that as I'm proud of the city and always like to hear that visitors enjoy it. I almost always hear good things. Unfortunately, the crime situation is nothing new. I think that the key to River St., as is the case in other places here (especially downtown) and in other cities, is to be there only when you don't feel isolated. I'm sure you know this. Fortunately, I've never been a victim although I was approached by someone a number of years back who was looking for a bar and had a very threatening tone when I wasn't sure where it was. He was clearly p*ssed. I was momentarily scared but remained calm. I think he was drunk or on drugs. When under the influence like that, there's no telling what someone will do.

That's the instructions I was given by someone who lives down there.  Stay away from the dark alley's and don't find yourself alone anywhere.  The city is beautiful, I was just taken aback a bit by what I saw when the sun went down.

I think the first time you're muted for 5 days, at least that's what happened with Wilkes and others I remember...that's what buckeye means when she says "time out" I think.

Seems like everyone has had a fun day. Such is life when you are dealing with the weather past 7 days.

I have personally not bought into any change as It keeps me sane in winter.

Thanks for the ongoing disco. I will continue to read and absorb your new knowledge.

Let it snow ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it was Bobbit from last year.

Yes it was Bobbitt. He will use three or four different names, and go to different sites stirring up a bunch of mess! He has done same thing on FB pages as well. He was banned from here last year and would turn around and make another user name. That Joker is a mental case!!

I think the first time you're muted for 5 days, at least that's what happened with Wilkes and others I remember...that's what buckeye means when she says "time out" I think.

Weather Forum Warn procedures: 1-2-3 RULE

Standard Mode:

FIRST OFFENSE (1 point): A verbal warning.

SECOND OFFENSE: (2 points): 5 day suspension of posting abilities.

THIRD OFFENSE: (3 points): Permanent suspension of posting abilities.

Storm Mode:

If this will be the member's FIRST warning point, a 5 day suspension of posting abilities will be incurred.

If this will be the member's SECOND warning point, a 10 day suspension of posting abilities will be incurred.

If this will be the member's THIRD warning point, Permanent suspension of posting abilities.

Off Topic Forums

Action for violating rules in the OT forums will be enforced by administrators at their discretion on a case-by-case basis but will still conform to the 1-2-3 Rule as described above.

Yes it was Bobbitt. He will use three or four different names, and go to different sites stirring up a bunch of mess! He has done same thing on FB pages as well. He was banned from here last year and would turn around and make another user name. That Joker is a mental case!!

Haha I see Bobbit on Facebook...such a funny dude.

I'm not the only one who didn't know so not sure why you directed this at me.

Guilty.  These decisions should be dealt with by the mods and everyone else should stay out of it, me included.  It felt to me like there was a little over persecution here maybe based on experiences in other places and maybe even carried over from last year on this board.  Because this year, I didn't see anything egregious.  But like I said above, it's the mods' decision, and we have to support it.

I agree. Without weathers models how can one b**ch about the future. 

Maybe I have just been around these interwebs long enough to not get worked up anymore or Maybe my lack of excitement is due to sleep training a five month old. All I know is that it is Monday evening... I think :)

Without model support, even God is helpless. That's why the model discussion thread is so important.

evidently the weeklies are in and we are borked.

On another note it's 40ish and raining, some good ole cold rain.  This winter is really pissing me off.

I mean really, if we are going to end up with a snowless pattern leave it up to the gods to deliver one that we have little to no chance at snow and cold dreary days in the 40's with drizzle, fog and rain.  Where the fook is my 60's and sun with a terrible winter pattern. /end rant

So I just read through a bunch of pages of 2011/2012 stuff. Man +AO, -PNA and a raging pac jet.....models always 10 days out with moderate cold coming in that never came. I don't know how we survived that winter but somehow we made it. 

How did this forum survive the mid-2000s?  There was hardly a notable storm for nearly five years from February 2004 until January 2009... just trash.

There was the Valentine's Day surprise snow in 2008 and, of course, Raleigh's snowjam from a half-inch of snow in 2005, and an ice storm in 2005, but it was largely depressing stuff.

I guess GA got some snow in April 2007, which would have been kind of cool given the date.

I always say the weeklies are crap, so I'm not changing my tune now.

That being said, I would have much rather they showed cold/wet...

at what point do the optimists give in to the mounting evidence of a non-producing pattern?  Weeklies, ensembles and most of the recent OP's all point to problems getting snow in the SE.  I just don't see how people can keep trying to spin this into anything positive.  It's like it would be hard for there to be any more negative indicators than we already have.

How did this forum survive the mid-2000s?  There was hardly a notable storm for nearly five years from February 2004 until January 2009... just trash.

There was the Valentine's Day surprise snow in 2008 and, of course, Raleigh's snowjam from a half-inch of snow in 2005, and an ice storm in 2005, but it was largely depressing stuff.

I guess GA got some snow in April 2007, which would have been kind of cool given the date.

James,

ATL got 2 major ZR's in 2005. That made many there quite content. Also, Feb. of 2007 had two moderate snows adding to 2"+ on the northside. Not bad at all for a period lacking a major SN/IP.

Edit: correction: Jan. of 2008 for the two ATL snows, not Feb. of 2007.

at what point do the optimists give in to the mounting evidence of a non-producing pattern?  Weeklies, ensembles and most of the recent OP's all point to problems getting snow in the SE.  I just don't see how people can keep trying to spin this into anything positive.  It's like it would be hard for there to be any more negative indicators than we already have.

More importantly, from my point of view, when do people stop trying to control what other people think?  Especially since, opinion has absolutely zero impact on the weather. For that matter, neither do computer models.

Archived