• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Banter

mackerel_sky

Just imagine that after a snowless winter we finally get a good pattern in early March. We get a real doozy of a storm on our hands and the Euro and every other model routinely dump 10-20" across the entire region. Going into the final hour, all is still well. The Euro buries us. The SREF plumes are showing historic totals. Our snowstorm is expected to start in the wee hours of morning and last through the following night. Snow begins falling late that night and radar looks amazing. However, we wake at dawn to see that temperatures have unexpectedly warmed into the mid-30s and snowfall rates are unimpressive and spotty. A slushy inch gas accumulated on grassy surfaces, but the streets are only wet. By noon temperatures have warmed into the upper 30s and we have wind driven rain and slip showers. We lose our snowcover by 1 PM. The precipitation shuts off early at 5 PM and the sun comes out, warming temperatures into the mid 40s by sunset. Mass suicides are widespread overnight and work absenteeism is common the following day.

Meanwhile, the ULL swings through S GA and Waycross gets buried under a surprise 6" of snow that afternoon.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ready for my near 80 degree temps for tomorrow. Our forecast high failed by 11 degrees today. Then the overnight low tomorrow is a torch with near 70 for a low.

18z GFS has wintry precipitation in Texas. :)

I remember back in the 80s watching TWC, I would see wintry weather in TX in the Days Inn five day forecast. It would eventually come east in subsequent maps. Now, when you see wintry weather in TX, it moves NE and never makes it here. We get showers instead.

I remember back in the 80s watching TWC, I would see wintry weather in TX in the Days Inn five day forecast. It would eventually come east in subsequent maps. Now, when you see wintry weather in TX, it moves NE and never makes it here. We get showers instead.

Those were the good ole days ! I remember always watching , like you said, for that little blob of green in Texas and hoping orange mix color was atleast over Dallas, and kept watching and waiting for the new day 7 the next day to watch the progression! Weekly planner 20 past the hour

Those were the good ole days ! I remember always watching , like you said, for that little blob of green in Texas and hoping orange mix color was atleast over Dallas, and kept watching and waiting for the new day 7 the next day to watch the progression! Weekly planner 20 past the hour

Weekly Planner! And I loved the United Airlines music for the bottom and top of the hour local forecast. Rhapsody in Blue, I think it was.

If the models keep going back and forth like this all winter we'll all be sitting in the corner drooling rocking back and forth. :oldman:

I don't care how the specific details are shown now for day 10 event, but these runs so far this afternoon and evening are a complete 180 from last nights dumpster fire and train wreck, so that's a positive

Archived