• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

mackerel_sky

I just think way too many people take seasonal forecasts too seriously. Fact of the matter is that despite all of the indexes and teleconnections, and analogs, etc it's not much better than flipping a coin. There are a ton of people who work very hard trying to figure it out and my hats off to them.... but the sad truth might be that that there is so much unpredictable chaos in the atmosphere that trying to predict what will happen 3 months from now with real reliability simply might not ever be possible..at least not anytime soon.

YES.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody noticed that the Euro has the stratosphere warming notably by day 10?

yeah but every time someone brings up warming there's like a 4 page argument about how it's been showing that and it's always 10 days out, etc. Not sure if you're making a joke or serious...haha

I usually pack my bags for Lookouts cliff around valentines day   ;)     

I like to be the last man standing and wait until the first day of Spring before I take that leap off the cliff. :cliff:

I was having trouble looking at the 0z GFS because of my crappy wi-fi, but after reading the responses on this page, it was a great thing that I did. :lol:

If the King were to suddenly come through with a great surprise tonight, that would certify this set of runs as the wackiest, wildest, most improbable turn of events in wx model history. ;)

Your wish came true, Larry. ECMWF doesn't look too hot through December 29 with SE ridge blowing up over us, which is just opposite of 12z run on that date. I don't know what to think any more with these LR flip-flopping lately  :axe:

in what way?

Well December is gone for winter and it now looks as if Jan will start off kind of warm as well. Everything keeps being pushed back to 10 days or longer just like that winter. If the SE ridge really gets going like the models show, it will be hard to get rid of too. The one good thing is that it does look wet though at least for now.

Let's go ahead and cancel winter now. Save us a lot of heartache for the next two months. We'll just have to be bored to death until the severe storms come in March.

Marietta, hold my hand and we can jump together.

Once again. I told you well in advance, but you didn't believe me. You kept calling me a pessimist. Anyhow,let's wait another 10 days now.

Archived