Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever since we started the winter discussion thread part 2 everything changed on a djme. I say run it, not event specific threads until the MOJO is broken, even if it last till March and is 200 pages long. I feel very optimistic about. nye/ ny event, but beleive the euro and can in a way are sniffing out another shot 7 days from now. Will see.

Not being a jerk or nothing, but why is it that the models are called terrible or having problems when they aren't showing what we want? Sure I want the GEFS/GFS to be right vs the EPS/ECMWF,but hasn't the latter been much more accurate in the long range. We can't just ignore it because its not showing what we want.

Not being a jerk or nothing, but why is it that the models are called terrible or having problems when they aren't showing what we want? Sure I want the GEFS/GFS to be right vs the EPS/ECMWF,but hasn't the latter been much more accurate in the long range. We can't just ignore it because its not showing what we want.

I've been under the impression that the GFS has been whipping the EURO lately. They've both had ridiculous inconsistency though. Too much energy, EURO SW bias, GFS Parallel being delayed, yada yada. At this point, I'm not sure who's winning the model war.

Weather models are a curse.

This morning in the garden, winter cancel!

Interesting you post this.

I have seen 3 of the early blooming cherry trees already in bloom down in Charlotte. You can also certain varieties of trees already getting red tipped in Charlotte that are still completely dormant back in the NC foothills.

I can't recall ever seeing the cherry trees blossom out this early before Christmas.

It's always a sign Mother Nature is getting impatient with old man winter.

My guess it is the reaction to a warmer December after a colder November.

I've been under the impression that the GFS has been whipping the EURO lately. They've both had ridiculous inconsistency though. Too much energy, EURO SW bias, GFS Parallel being delayed, yada yada. At this point, I'm not sure who's winning the model war.

Weather models are a curse.

Lol yeah. So its GFS> Parallel GFS > ECMWF according to the board or Vice Versa if the ECMWF was showing what the GFS was showing. I'm rooting for the GFS though.

Oh, yes we can! And we do! ;)

Interesting you post this.

I have seen 3 of the early blooming cherry trees already in bloom down in Charlotte. You can also certain varieties of trees already getting red tipped in Charlotte that are still completely dormant back in the NC foothills.

I can't recall ever seeing the cherry trees blossom out this early before Christmas.

It's always a sign Mother Nature is getting impatient with old man winter.

My guess it is the reaction to a warmer December after a colder November.

Yeah, maybe the very early and cold Nov got them all confused? There is a ornamental cherry tree that blooms in the fall and spring' autumnalis', it can bloom at the drop of a hat, like one or two days of 60-70 degree days can set them to blooming, I think they are tiny , pink blooms. Is that what was in CLT? Then a freeze comes and they turn to brown mush!

I really think the trend is headed in the right direction. We have a chance of storms Christmas Eve, and there is something to the old wives tale about snow owing 7 days after thunder in winter. The Christmas system is going to come through and lead the way to a rocking 2015. The GFS is showing it and the Euro will come around.

Yeah, maybe the very early and cold Nov got them all confused? There is a ornamental cherry tree that blooms in the fall and spring' autumnalis', it can bloom at the drop of a hat, like one or two days of 60-70 degree days can set them to blooming, I think they are tiny , pink blooms. Is that what was in CLT? Then a freeze comes and they turn to brown mush!

I have a native, indigenous plum tree that is older than I am, for sure. I've lived on the same plot for 35 years. That sucker has never bloomed before the last freeze. Never. Seen it bloom the 1st week of Jan; seen it bloom the 3rd week of April - but always after the last freeze. Best weather model I have !

I saw the same chatter and posted some verification scores in the patttern thread in the LR...Euro still king overall.

Archived