Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS just threw down some light flurries for tomorrow morning for I-40 north in NC. It might be all we get this winter...JK!

Yup, the RAP gives us hope, too.  Time to start posting massive amounts of OBS in there.  We might not get another chance to do it this winter.  Should I start an OBS thread for the December 20th, 2014 Winter Storm?  :lmao: (No, I think I'll just stick with the thread we have).  I hope to be able to post some deck pics of a dusting on elevated surfaces tomorrow morning.  :weenie:

If not, maybe I'll post deck pics of the water on the grill from the drizzle.

My fiance just got a job in Raleigh so it looks like I will be moving towards the end of January!  Excited to live somewhere with an actual shot at snow each year.  Has been tough here in chas on the outside looking in!

Nice!  Even a horrible, pathetic winter in Raleigh almost always involves some accumulating snowfall, even if it isn't much.

My fiance just got a job in Raleigh so it looks like I will be moving towards the end of January!  Excited to live somewhere with an actual shot at snow each year.  Has been tough here in chas on the outside looking in!

Should be good timing, we should atleast get something in Feb.

Yup, the RAP gives us hope, too.  Time to start posting massive amounts of OBS in there.  We might not get another chance to do it this winter.  Should I start an OBS thread for the December 20th, 2014 Winter Storm?  :lmao: (No, I think I'll just stick with the thread we have).  I hope to be able to post some deck pics of a dusting on elevated surfaces tomorrow morning.  :weenie:

If not, maybe I'll post deck pics of the water on the grill from the drizzle.

Right there with you, James! Hopefully those flakes will make it across the border! ;)

You know what we need? Delete the current thread and run with a new one. Have cold rain start it.

I also shaved my beard off in hopes of switching mojo

Literally missed it by about 2 minutes. Oh well.... off to bed. Maybe all of the models will converge on a deep eastern trough, starting at D7 and lasting through the end of the runs. Well, we can wish, at least. :)

Somebody please give me a link to the 384 Para GfS? I want to see the New Years blizzard.

metal - allan's model page here on amwx has it, but the para isn't running now due to the NCEP outage...the 18z from yesterday had a New Years blizz.....but I don't see an 18z for today...I think that was an error in reporting

Johnston County (southeast of Raleigh) could use another poster like you :) Good luck with the move!

Literally missed it by about 2 minutes. Oh well.... off to bed. Maybe all of the models will converge on a deep eastern trough, starting at D7 and lasting through the end of the runs. Well, we can wish, at least. :)

Did I melt down last night, I had a few bud lights and now scared to go back and read what happened! :-)

Archived