Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope we get some rain around here. We've had barely.25 since before Thanksgiving. I see what was supposed to be a nice event Monday turn into almost nothing now and the Christmas event looks weaker now.

:violin:

for trailers

Might as well be famous for something, I guess.  They have a huge rail yard, too, IIRC.

TWC just showed 3 inches of rain for us on tue-wed, what could go wrong with that?

A west trend and a weakening trend can make this drier for us. The Euro no longer bombs this out until it hits the lakes now and the Canadian looks very weak with it. Hopefully the GFS will be right with it's 2-3 inches here, but I wouldn't count on it. And of course convection along the gulf coast could really mess it up.

lol I hope it's right overall. It isn't ugly at all. Just gives more support for a storm on New Years.

I know the years are different and I don't expect a similar outcome, but the Christmas of 87 was warm and rainy, then about 2 weeks later, 14 inches of snow and temps in the teens, if only a redux could happen!

On a more downer note, stuck at home all day with a sick child! Started out at Kohls and he "Let it go" all over the "Frozen" display! :(

That movie makes me want to vomit, so I can relate! :)

You've got a budding movie critic on your hands.  

"I give the movie a one lunch up."

Hope he feels better soon.

A west trend and a weakening trend can make this drier for us. The Euro no longer bombs this out until it hits the lakes now and the Canadian looks very weak with it. Hopefully the GFS will be right with it's 2-3 inches here, but I wouldn't count on it. And of course convection along the gulf coast could really mess it up.

:blahblah:

lol I hope it's right overall. It isn't ugly at all. Just gives more support for a storm on New Years.

The 12z EPS was awful, never gets the trough to the east, tries days 10-11 but then slams it back west. It's probably wrong as we are still 10+ days away on any of the global models from a favorable pattern. Hopefully by mid next week we will be inside 10 days and we get some agreement on wth is going to happen.

The SE is starting to roast days 14+ on the EPS...LOL.

The 12z EPS was awful, never gets the trough to the east, tries days 10-11 but then slams it back west. It's probably wrong as we are still 10+ days away on any of the global models from a favorable pattern. Hopefully by mid next week we will be inside 10 days and we get some agreement on wth is going to happen.

What's happening with all the ensembles? I mean they were all showing fairly favorable patterns and now they're moving away.

The "non factoring" MJO FTW!

Yeah, my confidence level in anything worthy to track from now until January 1st is none.

I understand the models are struggling, but I'm starting to wonder if this change is really even going to help us.  If the Christmas Eve storm doesn't change the modeling soon within the 7-10 day and not 300 hr+, I'm probably going into panic mode.

The change was supposed to be before New Years.  Not keep saying day 10+

What's happening with all the ensembles? I mean they were all showing fairly favorable patterns and now they're moving away.

The "non factoring" MJO FTW!

Model chaos, but probably should stop looking at ensembles at days 13-15.  If you look at days 11-12 on the EPS, it ain't bad.  Burger likes a NYE storm, just maybe...

post-2311-0-89714500-1419113610_thumb.pn

Didn't Wow say on the December thread that no way it was going to be held back west with the way things are?

Archived