Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When there's a will, there's a way.

Be funny with a nino and +PDO to have trough in the west.  But that's what the Euro shows day 13+.    Worst case the trough is in the central part of the country and we get a bunch of apps runners.  Kind of what the GGEM shows.  Until this gets inside day 10, meaning where the trough establishes, it's going to bounce back and forth.

JB says that up until the day it's 70 and sunny , when he calls for snow !

Painful watching his updates, he was talking today about how there is always a pull back.  The whole month of Dec is a pull back.  I would have never though the east coast would be essentially skunked in Dec, but that's what it's looking like.

Be funny with a nino and +PDO to have trough in the west. But that's what the Euro shows day 13+. Worst case the trough is in the central part of the country and we get a bunch of apps runners. Kind of what the GGEM shows. Until this gets inside day 10, meaning where the trough establishes, it's going to bounce back and forth.

what happened to the cutter after Christmas?

Model chaos, but probably should stop looking at ensembles at days 13-15.  If you look at days 11-12 on the EPS, it ain't bad.  Burger likes a NYE storm, just maybe...

Comparing the 18z GEFS v/s the 12z Euro for NYE.  Both agree on the nice eastern trough but the blocking...well is a slight difference.

post-2311-0-75816700-1419118978_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-80986800-1419118980_thumb.pn

The 18z GEFS is very cold day 10 on, coldest I have seen yet.  Pretty much every panel looks like this...

Edit:  Also, seems very active day 10+.

Pac,

I may be looking at the wrong thing (and if I am, please nicely correct me) - but doesn't the GEFS (and other recent model runs) look to go somewhat zonal after day 10?

Pac,

I may be looking at the wrong thing (and if I am, please nicely correct me) - but doesn't the GEFS (and other recent model runs) look to go somewhat zonal after day 10?

Not zonal, the cold air does lift north, we still have a -EPO and east coast trough throughout the run.  The cold air only retreats days 14+ which is a long ways out.   But with the -EPO and east coast trough we won't warm up and easily flip cold again if the -AO goes negative.  This is obviously a long ways out though.

You'll like the area up this way, CandymanColumbusGA. A lot more snow than where you are now and lots of outdoor activities. I still refuse to completely associate myself with the MA though!

I see right through you supposed loyalty. It's a lot more fun being the person in a forum who gets the most snow, than the other way around.  :)

I see right through you supposed loyalty. It's a lot more fun being the person in a forum who gets the most snow, than the other way around. :)

Ouch. Yes I post in both, but I associate myself more with the SE crew. I'm closer to NC than DC. I prefer to be here because it's not focused on the 50mi radius around DC!

Ouch. Yes I post in both, but I associate myself more with the SE crew. I'm closer to NC than DC. I prefer to be here because it's not focused on the 50mi radius around DC!

Interestingly, I feel like we don't include you guys in southern Virginia enough on here sometimes. Maybe we, on SE subforum, should work harder to include y'all :)

Archived