Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we're back to cliff diving in the main thread again.

I have been aggravatingly optimistic about this winter so far, bring on the torch.  I want complete winter torch bring on 04-05....

This was a weak/dying nino and a +PDO.  Looks a lot like the first 3 weeks of Dec.

post-2311-0-71875100-1419043852_thumb.pn

I'm still waiting for James to amend his sig so I don't have to scroll forever to get to the next post...

:whistle:

I suppose it's as good as time as any to update my signature for the 2014-2015 winter! ;)

BTW, I'm a bit fearful seeing these 2004/2005 and 2006/2007 analogs popping up.  You want to talk about a couple absolutely dreadful, no-good, pathetic, spineless, piece of crap winters for the NC Piedmont.  At least 2004/2005 was decent for the Coastal Plain.

I suppose it's as good as time as any to update my signature for the 2014-2015 winter! ;)

BTW, I'm a bit fearful seeing these 2004/2005 and 2006/2007 analogs popping up.  You want to talk about a couple absolutely dreadful, no-good, pathetic, spineless, piece of crap winters for the NC Piedmont.  At least 2004/2005 was decent for the Coastal Plain.

Wouldn't it be funny if we got another 04/05.  Payback for last winter as I thought last winter was going to suck.

Wouldn't it be funny if we got another 04/05.  Payback for last winter as I thought last winter was going to suck.

2005 apparently had a huge bust where the Triad had a Heavy Snow Warning, which verified as 1/2" of sleet.  My prediction of a storm bust would be met. :lol:

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~nwsfo/storage/cases/20050228/

(I did not live here from 2004-2007, so I thankfully missed two of the worst winters in recent memory here)

But, yeah, last winter was the second-best winter here since 2000.  Best second half of the winter I've ever had.  Nonstop action from late January through late March... and it was supposed to be an awful winter.  You just never know with this stuff.

2005 apparently had a huge bust where the Triad had a Heavy Snow Warning, which verified as 1/2" of sleet.  My prediction of a storm bust would be met. :lol:

(I did not live here from 2004-2007, so I thankfully missed two of the worst winters in recent memory here)

But, yeah, last winter was the second-best winter here since 2000.  Best second half of the winter I've ever had.  Nonstop action from late January through late March... and it was supposed to be an awful winter.  You just never know with this stuff.

Wow, what a terrible way to end a crappy 04/05 winter.  I don't remember that storm.

Wow, what a terrible way to end a crappy 04/05 winter.  I don't remember that storm.

Looks like it was borderline for us and we were relying on dynamics and heavy rates.  In other words, we should have all known it was going to bust horribly.  Those situations always work out well.  :yikes:

Looks like GSO had 1.7" of snow that winter and RDU had 0.9".  2006/2007 was just as bad.  Just depressing stuff, TBH.  Of course, 2011-2012 would have been snowless here if it weren't for a single 1.9"-storm in late February.  Wasn't that supposed to be a good winter, too?

Yea I remember that one had about 2 inches when they were forecasting 4-8 here

Looks like it was borderline for us and we were relying on dynamics and heavy rates.  In other words, we should have all known it was going to bust horribly.  Those situations always work out well.  :yikes:

Looks like GSO had 1.7" of snow that winter and RDU had 0.9".  2006/2007 was just as bad.  Just depressing stuff, TBH.  Of course, 2011-2012 would have been snowless here if it weren't for a single 1.9"-storm in late February.  Wasn't that supposed to be a good winter, too?

I didn't think so, but don't recall. But it sucked.

Woohoo!  That's all the mojo we needed for this winter.  Watch tonight's ECMWF be epic now!  James, you have done your part to appease the snow gods.  We all thank you.  When your sig is once again 50 lines long after this winter, I will not complain again...until next winter.

Man, it's like a dam funeral in here tonight, like winter just died !? I'm as negative as anyone about not getting a cold and snowy winter so far,but this gloom and doom over somebody's thoughts on twitter or post here or there is just crazy! Y'all see how the cold winter analogs were being thrown around since about October , and we see how well those panned out!!! So a few torch analogs start coming around, and it's a guarantee !!?? Makes no sense at all!

Merry Christmas! :(

Man, it's like a dam funeral in here tonight, like winter just died !? I'm as negative as anyone about not getting a cold and snowy winter so far,but this gloom and doom over somebody's thoughts on twitter or post here or there is just crazy! Y'all see how the cold winter analogs were being thrown around since about October , and we see how well those panned out!!! So a few torch analogs start coming around, and it's a guarantee !!?? Makes no sense at all!

Merry Christmas! :(

Just wait until July - no models needed - 93/74, 60% POPS, and 75 - 80% RH every day. I guarantee it.

Archived