joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drove on the newly reconstructed part of 485 today. Now we only need two more loop roads to catch Raleigh.

Yea, I know this was made half in jest...but I'll bite

Raleigh's only got one loop, and 540 may or may not ever be completed as one. Meanwhile Charlotte has their downtown loop of I-277/I-77 and I-485 scheduled to be completed soon. When that happens, Charlotte will technically have 2 loops, and Raleigh will only have one.  :D

Is everybody asleep or was GFS a dud?

The silence is deafening!

There's Arctic air moving into Eastern USA by December 27th this time around, but it's really not that big of differences from last couple runs at least for medium range. I'm still waiting on long range, but it appears promising per Pattern thread.

Snow or not, the GFS is bringing the cold hammer down into the Eastern US in it's long range. Tough to take it as gospel so far out but it did pretty well showing what seemed like unbelievable cold for the early days of 2014 around this time last year that ended up verifying, If true, everyone will be cold enough for snow from I-20 north by the look of it. 

Yea, I know this was made half in jest...but I'll bite

Raleigh's only got one loop, and 540 may or may not ever be completed as one. Meanwhile Charlotte has their downtown loop of I-277/I-77 and I-485 scheduled to be completed soon. When that happens, Charlotte will technically have 2 loops, and Raleigh will only have one.  :D

Currently Winston Salem and greensboro are getting their loops completed/built.

Archived