Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Euro and its ensembles turn out correct, as the scores you posted indicate they might, that would suck.

Even if the Gfs picks the good pattern in the LR first, it may still struggle down the road and once the Euro catches on as far as verification, the Euro would still have better scores. It's just that much better of a model, hence why gfs para exists. Lol. I'm rooting for whatever is cold and snowy.

Even if the Gfs picks the good pattern in the LR first, it may still struggle down the road and once the Euro catches on as far as verification, the Euro would still have better scores. It's just that much better of a model, hence why gfs para exists. Lol. I'm rooting for whatever is cold and snowy.

Haha me too man!

Is Widre saying the para GFS and Euro are on same playing field? That's interesting..

Well technically they kind of are with their same resolution....but GFS PARA has a lot of times been on an island. Not sure what is going on with it.  People are ganging up on it about that big phased bomb but at one point all the models had it and it was the first one to sniff it out. It was also the first one to sniff out a cold pattern change in the LR as well as a big snow storm around the Jan 1. time frame. Either a broken clock is once twice a day or it *could* be on to something. 

Well technically they kind of are with their same resolution....but GFS PARA has a lot of times been on an island. Not sure what is going on with it. People are ganging up on it about that big phased bomb but at one point all the models had it and it was the first one to sniff it out. It was also the first one to sniff out a cold pattern change in the LR as well as a big snow storm around the Jan 1. time frame. Either a broken clock is once twice a day or it *could* be on to something.

Agree on the resolution the Euro doesn't seem to have a large storm one run, then completely lose it the next run. The Para will have a massive low then the storm will disappear the next run which is basically the analogy you gave. Maybe they should only run the para twice a day.

Agree on the resolution but the Euro doesn't seem to have a large storm one run, then completely lose it the next run. The Para will have a massive low then the storm will disappear the next run. Maybe they should only run the para twice a day.

Yea it has some major run to run inconsistency and then it just stays locked on to one event. I'm wondering if the algorithm screwed up. Just seems weird how it latches on to one thing and won't let go from run to run but everything else usually looks different. 

OH really? when did i cause trouble on here , I can hold my on when it comes too weather think what u like ?

It's just about being annoying. The thing is much like in the real world people judge you based on appearance. When you type the way you do it (warranted or unwarranted) creates an image that you are probably not smart and are dismissed easily. Might not be fair but it's the way it is. 

Bobbit starts trouble everywhere he goes! And still thinks he knows it all! He has been banned from about every FB weather page known! So he has to come back here thinking someone is going to listen to him. LOL

OH really? when did i cause trouble on here ? I can hold my on when it comes too weather think what u like ?

When I banned you last winter  :whistle: 

Archived