Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it February already? Did I miss Christmas and January? Reading all complaints today in the main thread about no snow makes it feel like it.

It makes me lol. First of all the pattern change is to occur after Christmas into the New Year, so I don't get it. We have a ton of winter left even if things don't go as planned.

Haha! I told you the other day there were some cracks showing up in the armor. If we don't get at least one good snowstorm this winter, I'm afraid the Brickster will be incorrigible.

Nah, I wasn't saying the mets were wrong. Just saying if it doesn't end up being a big winter then most mets are going to be wondering if everything they thought gave us a big winter is wrong. Still plenty of time for it to turn out the way they thought.

Yes, it is possible to get winter weathet here in December. But we hardly ever do. So not sure why people say we are wasting a month where we hardly get anything in the first place.

I expect you to remember this when we reach the last week in Feb. and you claim we get our biggest snows in March and there's a lot of winter yet to come.. The difference in your areas average snowfall in Dec and Mar is 0.4".

It wasn't hype. The mets calling for a big winter had plenty of facts and evidence to back it up. Maybe it doesn't work out. But your posting is so bipolar, and you contradict yourself all the time. You say you still have high hopes, but all your posts are about the pattern is not changing and we burned the whole month of December, and things need to change soon, etc. You should just go ahead and admit you were never bullish because you are just a pessimist for the sake of being a pessimist. It is really annoying.

Oh bull****... There was plenty of hype. Pretty much every subscription based met was guilty of it and the ones who bought into it like you are the reason they can do it every year and get away with it. I've been bullish about winter from November brick, you have this straw man that I've been pessimistic all year and the only reason you think that is I've been pessimistic about December. Anyone with any common sense saw the first half of December was a fail around late November and that the rest of he month was probably toast around the tenth. I think jan-feb has good potential and have never once wavered from that. XXXXXXXXXXXX if you're going to twist and lie about my posts this year.

MOD EDIT: No more of what I Xed out in here.  

And coming into this winter all the important factors were supposed to be on our side for a big winter. There has never been as much consensus from mets saying this since these boards have been around. Almost all that posted here called for above average snow. If it doesn't end up that way, a lot of mets are going to be wondering what it really takes for a big winter here and why it didn't happen if all the factors were supposed to be there.

I just think way too many people take seasonal forecasts too seriously. Fact of the matter is that despite all of the indexes and teleconnections, and analogs, etc it's not much better than flipping a coin. There are a ton of people who work very hard trying to figure it out and my hats off to them.... but the sad truth might be that  that  there is so much unpredictable chaos in the atmosphere that trying to predict what will happen 3 months from now with real reliability simply might not ever be possible..at least not anytime soon.

Archived