Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December obs/disco/short range

Ian

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the warmest temperatures are in a Tysons Corner-Downtown DC-Columbia-Ellicott City-Uptown Baltimore-Parkville line, and up 270 toward Frederick.The nearest PWS to me is showing 73.8 right now. BWI is 68. How does this happen that forecasts can bust this bad. Another bad daily bust was February 14th, 2014. Can't see anyone east of the Fall Line seeing anything noticeable. I think Hagerstown-Chambersburg-York is the prime spot. Tomorrow is supposed to be "cold", but we could very easily end up with a 50+ Midnight High and perhaps reach Upper 40s tomorrow afternoon.

Seems like the warmest temperatures are in a Tysons Corner-Downtown DC-Columbia-Ellicott City-Uptown Baltimore-Parkville line. The nearest PWS to me is showing 73.8 right now. BWI is 68. How does this happen that forecasts can bust this bad. Another bad daily bust was February 14th, 2014. Can't see anyone east of the Fall Line seeing anything noticeable. I think Hagerstown-Chambersburg-York is the prime spot.

DCA has been running lower than most spots all day. Where are the whiners? 

Euro is warm, but also very dry...the combo isn't good for anyone, except the favored areas might still do ok in terms of sleet/zr...and HRRR is running a couple degrees warm versus ground truth

The dry contributes to the warm because without heavier precip you lack some of the dynamic cooling necessary.  But besides why does it matter unless anyone is really waiting in anticipation for a tenth of a inch of sleet/frz rain. 

Mini ice-age happening at DCA.

I'm in the cool zone along the bay north of Bmore, have barely cracked 60.

What was your low today? It was 57F here at midnight, but then plummeted to 40.5F at 7:00 AM. The lows here have been much cooler compared to other stations the last couple of nights, and I'm not sure why.

Currently 62F, and the high so far is 64F.

18z NAM has it pouring sleet tomorrow morning in N VA based off the soundings I see... 1290-1300DM heights too across N VA in ref to 1000-500mb... also NAM develops its own lil "cold pocket" with a small cricle of sub-zero 850s in N VA as well which makes it seem that there is accumulating snow of 2-3"

Archived