joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December obs/disco/short range

Ian

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should not be a big deal. GFS has been colder by several degrees Tuesday Morning through Tuesday Afternoon for about a day now. No other model currently has temps reaching freezing Tuesday Morning. I would bank on drizzle Tuesday, but can still change. 12z UKMET at 72hrs has 2m temps +1 to +2 and 850s around +1. Verbatim would be a cold light rain Tuesday Morning

Should not be a big deal. GFS has been colder by several degrees Tuesday Morning through Tuesday Afternoon for about a day now. No other model currently has temps reaching freezing Tuesday Morning. I would bank on drizzle Tuesday, but can still change.

Well that's it then. The word is given.

Should not be a big deal. GFS has been colder by several degrees Tuesday Morning through Tuesday Afternoon for about a day now. No other model currently has temps reaching freezing Tuesday Morning. I would bank on drizzle Tuesday, but can still change.

Euro does NW of 95. Plus it has really low dew points. The main diff in sfc temps between it and the GFS is precip and in situ CAD.

One thing we did really well with last winter was quick bleeding cold in these types of situations.

Scott, I am assuming that the precip that the UKIE shows for our area would be of the frozen variety?  UKIE looks to have like a 24 hr period of frozen precip (sleet/snow/ice) thanks to the 1040+ H in Quebec

Probably. This would be wetbulb city if it happens and the GFS was plenty cold so I assume Ukie is too. 

SREFS made a decent jump north with precip on Tues. I don't think most here give them too much weight at this range though. Could signal a trend though...I suppose.

I just saw them. Surface temps are no where as cold as GFS. It has the 32 degree line dropping down to BWI for one frame (12z Tuesday) but then jumps it back north lickity split. Same thing with 850 line.

I just saw them. Surface temps are no where as cold as GFS. It has the 32 degree line dropping down to BWI for one frame (12z Tuesday) but then jumps it back north lickity split. Same thing with 850 line.

With a high that big to our ne, I think the cold will be here.

However, the members causing it to be wetter are probably also causing it to be warmer.

With a high that big to our ne, I think the cold will be here.

However, the members causing it to be wetter are probably also causing it to be warmer.

One would think..and it certainly does have a CAD look which at least for places NW would tend to hold in low level cold for a time(should precip get there). On the other hand that High is truckin along so shouldn't be a prolonged frozen/freezing event.

Archived