joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December obs/disco/short range

Ian

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think in the immediate DC MD VA I-95 corridor many will be on either side of 20 degrees.

That sounds reasonable. No model yesterday correctly predicted how cold it would get this morning, so I'm not going to trust them tonight.

My lowest temp so far this season is 21.5F, so I'm hoping to break that either tonight or next week.

That sounds reasonable. No model yesterday correctly predicted how cold it would get this morning, so I'm not going to trust them tonight.

My lowest temp so far this season is 21.5F, so I'm hoping to break that either tonight or next week.

Forecast low here last night was 24, my low was 21. Tonight the low is forecast to be 22, but there will be a a slight wind so that may keep temps a tad warmer than last night.

:(

I try to maintain a perspective and tell myself it's only weather, but I can't help but feel disappointed.  There's no other way to spin it than to say that December was awful.  BWI was +3.2 for the month while November was a -3.1, meaning that December was only 4.5 degrees colder than November this year, while the average is about a 10 degree difference.

Maybe it's the new year making me feel melancholy, but It feels like winter already passed and it skipped over us.

Final numbers at OKV:

Highs:  + 2.5F

Lows:   + 6.0F

We had ONE below normal daily low temp for the  entire month (Dec 20, -3F)...the ENTIRE MONTH.  That has to be a record.

... and not one flake of snow (at least imby).  My grass is as green as springtime and growing (hopefully the 17F low this morning will stop that for a while, at least).

Flat-out the worst Dec in my lifetime... and it's not even close.

Archived