joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December obs/disco/short range

Ian

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

26 here now. Was in Annapolis and drove back across the bay bridge just after sunset and the temp was 36, but quickly dropped to the into 20s the further inland I got. Having lived here awhile its still somewhat interesting to see the temp differences between the interior upper eastern shore and places like Kent Island, Easton etc. Usually there is a pretty significant difference in winter unless the bay starts to freeze.

26 here now. Was in Annapolis and drove back across the bay bridge just after sunset and the temp was 36, but quickly dropped to the into 20s the further inland I got. Having lived here awhile its still somewhat interesting to see the temp differences between the interior upper eastern shore and places like Kent Island, Easton etc. Usually there is a pretty significant difference in winter unless the bay starts to freeze.

It seems like you are always colder than me lol. The central Delmarva does well with rad. cooling. 29.7F here.

DCA at it's temperature irrelevancy best, 7-12 degrees warmer than surrounding stations. Think you have to go to southern SC to find matching temps. If there was a lot of industry close by, that could be one thing. Otherwise a lot of office buildinsg to the west must have left thier windows and doors open. And as far as the water, check Annapolis.

21 with a really heavy frost this morning. Almost looked like a coating of snow. Probably the closest thing I will see to snow on the ground for awhile.  :whistle:

Really heavy frost IMBY too. You could almost pretend we had a light snow.

This is probably a stupid question... but is a heavy frost recorded as a Trace event for wintry precip (or even like 0.1 if it gets thick enough)?

Really heavy frost IMBY too. You could almost pretend we had a light snow.

This is probably a stupid question... but is a heavy frost recorded as a Trace event for wintry precip (or even like 0.1 if it gets thick enough)?

Frost, dew, etc are excluded. Precipitation has to originate in the atmosphere and fall to the ground.

Archived