Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December obs/disco/short range

Ian

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was about to comment about the models on this event in general. Sufficient moisture doesn't seem to be an issue lately. Thanks El Nino?

This place is like a miserably cold and barren rainforest lately.

this is probably the worst December month i can remember

Hard to beat Dec 2011 and 2012, Though we did manage to sneak a white period from Dec 24 - Jan 1 out here in 2012.  Looks like we may make a run at it though.

Moral of the story:  regardless of the state of oceans and atmosphere, there is a constant index that 90% of time trumps all others, the "this place completely sucks" index.

Euro actually has a little bit of snow on the tail end late sunday and overnight. Snowmaps are bogus because 850's are too warm at first but the column would support snow early monday morning. 

A touch warm but not much. Though I don't really buy the progression either. 

Oddly, the euro ensembles agree with the strange evolution. Ensemble support for snow is still weak but definitely more members on board A couple would bring weenies to their knees and weeping with joy

if a cut off low can bring snow to S Carolina in late OCT or early NOV (I can't recall which one since I'm too d@mn old), there's no reason why one can't nail us in early DEC (our fluke!)

Oddly, the euro ensembles agree with the strange evolution. Ensemble support for snow is still weak but definitely more members on board A couple would bring weenies to their knees and weeping with joy

yeah looks fairly similar.. tho plenty of abstaining members. still a weird evolution. 

Archived