Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

It's like North Korea in here now.

I'm pretty sure they don't have weather boards in North Korea. With only 1,024 IP addresses, the diversity in their online experience is a bit limited. Also if a forecaster gets it wrong, even a hobbyist, they are taken out back and fed to a hungry pack of pitbulls for transmitting lies about the state as the weather in North Korea is always "perfect," now and beyond any op run. Being a weenie in North Korea is taking your own life into your own hands. There most certainly would not be a poster named Damage in Pyongyang on northkoreanwx.com.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure they don't have weather boards in North Korea. With only 1,024 IP addresses, the diversity in their online experience is a bit limited. Also if a forecaster gets it wrong, even a hobbyist, they are taken out back and fed to a hungry pack of pitbulls for transmitting lies about the state as the weather in North Korea is always "perfect," now and beyond any op run. Being a weenie in North Korea is taking your own life into your own hands. There most certainly would not be a poster named Damage in Pyongyang on northkoreanwx.com.

The sarcasm flew right over your head.

:lol:  That made me chuckle.

That and Last of the Mohicans. The end scene when Daniel Day Lewis is running around throwing axes and blowing people away was an absolute pants tent.

Yea one of my favorite movies and soundtrack, I always liked the Perfect Storm soundtrack as well.... hopefully we can lay down some white next week tired of looking at the green lawn, almost did another final mowing this weekend.

Yea one of my favorite movies and soundtrack, I always liked the Perfect Storm soundtrack as well.... hopefully we can lay down some white next week tired of looking at the green lawn, almost did another final mowing this weekend.

I love good soundtracks. That's a good one too. Dances With Wolves actually gets me at the end. It really makes you feel for the Indians. I know it's a movie, but the whole movie is awesome.

Love the separate pattern, model, and banter thread idea. It might be fragmented but it seems healthier.

Yep and good time to do it with the new pattern change coming in. I'm assuming the banter thread is sort of the obs thread too.

Going to be chilly out there in the morning (and most mornings now with the -EPO dump of arctic air)..., BTV forecasting a low of 3F here, which would be the coldest temp in over 3 weeks...

10862602_787534927985077_514870055068400

Man some of those long range progs in the 5th-10th time frame are cold...like -20C H85 temps to the south coast and -28C up here.

Yep and good time to do it with the new pattern change coming in. I'm assuming the banter thread is sort of the obs thread too.

Going to be chilly out there in the morning (and most mornings now with the -EPO dump of arctic air)..., BTV forecasting a low of 3F here, which would be the coldest temp in over 3 weeks...

10862602_787534927985077_514870055068400

Man some of those long range progs in the 5th-10th time frame are cold...like -20C H85 temps to the south coast and -28C up here.

It's going to be damn cold in a week or two.. euro was quite frosty today lol

This will be the thread I use. Everything on schedule for a wintry snowy Jan full of storms and rumors of storms. Skiing bases held up and it's full on from here on out. The pattern looks to unfold as envisioned. EPO stout with reloads and PNA bursts. Fully expect the Strat warming to pop a Neg NAO by months end. Sort of a 05 69 ish feel. Whenever the cold is on our side of the globe good things happen. Couple of things to watch, the seemingly innocuous SW associated with the Arctic front, could be a Windex surprise and good upslope, then of course the energy ejection out of the Gulf, the Euro Ens mean is pointing to a thumpidity dumper right now. To me the best threat with big potential is the Miller B look for the 7th period. Patience will pay off.,I wouldn't be surprised at all if snow cover is layed down for southern NE NYC type areas to challenge low temp records.

Through 12/28:

BOS: +4.1

BDL: +4.6

ORH: +3.8

PVD: +4.2

With today a bit above and the next 2 days below but not severly it looks like >3 + departures for the big 4 in sne.

could be worse, talk about a snow lovers dagger, Dec 1968 -4 with 6 inches of precipitation, only 5 inches of snow and those were all front side wash aways from cutters.

could be worse, talk about a snow lovers dagger, Dec 1968 -4 with 6 inches of precipitation, only 5 inches of snow and those were all front side wash aways from cutters.

ORH had snow cover from 12/16/68 onward.12/30/68 had a huge ice storm. So I'd take that month over 2014 any day.

Beginning of the month was definitely frustrating though and people here would have been whining nearly as much as this year.

ORH had snow cover from 12/16/68 onward.12/30/68 had a huge ice storm. So I'd take that month over 2014 any day.

Beginning of the month was definitely frustrating though and people here would have been whining nearly as much as this year.

of course ORH did,the rest of us, Jerry and I had bupkis.

This ain't no 2014 Jan , nice departures

IMG_20141229_210931.jpg.png

What was the number for December 1957? I do remember a sizable event of nearly a foot 12/5/57. In those days, you came home from school to eat lunch because 90% of moms stayed home. So my mother invited the boys in my class for a lunch birthday party as I turned 11 12/1/57. I remember being distracted by the lowering sky that 12/4. We got solidly whacked but it was a marginal event and NYC may have had rain or mix. Officially 13.3 at Newark (I think...could have been at a. Loser COOP) but not sure if it was at the modern day EWR or downtown.

What was the number for December 1957? I do remember a sizable event of nearly a foot 12/5/57. In those days, you came home from school to eat lunch because 90% of moms stayed home. So my mother invited the boys in my class for a lunch birthday party as I turned 11 12/1/57. I remember being distracted by the lowering sky that 12/4. We got solidly whacked but it was a marginal event and NYC may have had rain or mix. Officially 13.3 at Newark but not sure if it was at the modern day EWR or downtown.

brutal in Boston +5, 6 rain T snow,ORH probably did well lol

Archived