joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know, right? weird how people on a weather forum would want to see some interesting weather, such as snow.

I guess my point is there is actual anger when it doesn't snow. I get the idea of something to track and talk about, but the anger over no snow is what's insane, at least to me anyway.

And the fact that snow is talked about in July. And snow storms are talked about back in the 50's and 60's by people who were in the cradle or not even thought about at that point. And moreover, discused like they were actually there. Yea, I'd say there's a little obsession ;)

I guess my point is there is actual anger when it doesn't snow. I get the idea of something to track and talk about, but the anger over no snow is what's insane, at least to me anyway.

And the fact that snow is talked about in July. And snow storms are talked about back in the 50's and 60's by people who were in the cradle or not even thought about at that point. And moreover, discused like they were actually there. Yea, I'd say there's a little obsession ;)

Only Ray gets faux angry

no when a pro met posts a day ten Op 5 H setup as proof he and others theory is correct while totally disregarding the Ens.or the fact additional ridging is shown on that Op then you get a wut? Of course that was given a pass. If I or Kevin had made that post the weenies would have been flying around like frisbees

Maybe and you have a point, but you can't argue the posts going against the desired outcome get more scrutiny and questioning than posts for cold and snow. We could run a little test over the next couple days, haha.

This is not aimed at any of the posters mentioned in the above post, which is why they have been deleted... but if you post something that isn't necessarily pro-snow or cold on here, you better well have a good backup because that will be challenged or rebutted.  Even something as simple as posting a verbatim model run, with no emotion involved...just as simple as "The ECMWF is showing a cutter at day X on the new run" will certainly be met with some sort of resistence.  However, when anyone posts something pro-snow or pro-cold, you usually don't need much reasoning at all.    Its the posts that even imply something other than cold or snow that get met with the "WTF are you talking about?" or "huh?" type responses.

We all do it at times, but if you think something may be heading in a not favorable direction, you better have some damn good reasoning for posting it, haha. 

This.

You'd be best friends with Damage in Tolland in the summer.

Lol. Now he's funny.

He wants an epic winter. Feet of snow, cold ocean, frozen tundra. But yet, I notice he looks for consistent 70/60 by mid April. Good luck with that!

If you like warm early, then you sure don't want a harsh winter. At least I'm consistent :)

But yea, bring on the 85/70

Lol. Now he's funny.

He wants an epic winter. Feet of snow, cold ocean, frozen tundra. But yet, I notice he looks for consistent 70/60 by mid April. Good luck with that!

If you like warm early, then you sure don't want a harsh winter. At least I'm consistent :)

:drunk:  :thumbsup:

Lol. Now he's funny.

lol.

Always.  Snow otg from Novie to April.

...And yes, in the summer he will be rooting for high temps, and nasty high dews to compliment those temps.

This is not aimed at any of the posters mentioned in the above post, which is why they have been deleted... but if you post something that isn't necessarily pro-snow or cold on here, you better well have a good backup because that will be challenged or rebutted. Even something as simple as posting a verbatim model run, with no emotion involved...just as simple as "The ECMWF is showing a cutter at day X on the new run" will certainly be met with some sort of resistence. However, when anyone posts something pro-snow or pro-cold, you usually don't need much reasoning at all. Its the posts that even imply something other than cold or snow that get met with the "WTF are you talking about?" or "huh?" type responses.

We all do it at times, but if you think something may be heading in a not favorable direction, you better have some damn good reasoning for posting it, haha.

Agree! Also false information..a poster today stated that the Euro op would reload past day 10...in fact it's the exact opposite as the ridge collapse we would be flooded with Pac air and the pv moves towards asia...no saying this will happen...but why are posts like this left, that are simply not true?

Agree! Also false information..a poster today stated that the Euro op would reload past day 10...in fact it's the exact opposite as the ridge collapse we would be flooded with Pac air and the pv moves towards asia...no saying this will happen...but why are posts like this left, that are simply not true?

Woah, that is amazing since Op only goes to day ten, what does the more reliable at that range ens show

Did you actually look at the OP Euro?

The western ridge collpases but there is still a stout EPO block north of AK that forces the PV south through Hudson Bay...that would just reload the cold for our region even if areas like Montana get warmer.

Did you actually look at the OP Euro?

The western ridge collpases but there is still a stout EPO block north of AK that forces the PV south through Hudson Bay...that would just reload the cold for our region even if areas like Montana get warmer.

The pv consolidated at the end of the run drifting east..if the Pac firehouse continues with no PNA or blocking it would be warm mid-month..

Ncep has the mjo going into phase 5/6 that is wArm for us...

BS, better recheck, lots of peeps calling out peeps for pumping snow, just look at the response to James Nichols. I call BS

Haha you know Jimmy gets much more leeway than someone who would post about winter torches as much as he talks about low probability threats.  Though someone who posts about winter torches incessantly may also be a troll.

Hey dude, you know I love cold and snow and winter.  I've centered my life around it, literally.  Its why I live where I live and do what I do.  But I just like talking about all possibilities and looking at the models objectively...and I like reading about all possible solutions, too, even if they aren't favorable.  I get that most of us really don't want to come to this forum to read about anything other than how it could get cold and how it could snow... so its a balancing act.  Get a couple pages talking about how it may rain or get warm and its termed "unreadable"...a couple pages talking about cold or snow and its business as usual, lol.

Archived