• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

Actually the angle of the sun is not high enough for our body to manufacture vitamin D in this area of the country from about October to April (depending on exact location). But I get your drift. I put up my backyard rink today in the gorgeous weather. Hopefully my kids will get some use out of it this year. Last year we skated until after St. Patrick's Day.

man I loved doing that, my Dad did it too way down in SRI and yes looks like perfect outdoor rink times coming.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of Dec. 2011. That month was a torch, and it seemed like it was 50+ every day no matter what the forecast high was.

MOS tends to underestimate highs in winter if you're in a Pacific airmass or have been unusually mild all winter...they are skewed somewhat towards climo I believe so much like an 850 temp of -5C in early November may yield a high of 50 or so and maybe only 43-44 in January it may yield a high of 50 in January in a mild winter with warmer ground temps/structures or a Pacific airmass.

Suck being south in excellent winters like 07/08, man what an epic skiing winter

So the se ridge does not concern you? I love how weenies throw out one year that gave Boston thier snowiest december, that just so happens to feature cutters...as if everything will magically redevelop south of sne come January

So the se ridge does not concern you? I love how weenies throw out one year that gave Boston thier snowiest december, that just so happens to feature cutters...as if everything will magically redevelop south of sne come January

A SE ridge is good for New Eng,. Not south of Nyc though. We like ridges there

Ruffles have ridges Lays don"t. If you don"t like a gradient pattern you are in the wrong forum, oh wait...

It's a shame and really sad, to be honest. Thought we as a subforum were better than this.

What the fook happened in here today? Bunch of idiotic weenies.

It's ****ing ridiculous. Same people have been posting the same reliable information in here for years, everyone just ignoring it. More timeouts for azzhats please.

AccuWeather Southern New England Forum!

U nailed it...pattern change always 10 days away

EVERY SINGLE POSTER.... said it was over UNTIL AT LEAST xmas or new years.

I'd love to see how these is any basis to say "pattern change doesn't matter" like eduggs yesterday... and "pattern change is always ten days away".

It just goes to show how no one is listening or really cares to act like an adult.

Is being a little disappointed really being socially neurotic or psychotic?

All the posts that have basically ignored what all of us have said over the last 10 days? Yeah, I'd say so. Boo-hoo. I don't have 40" of snow right away. Some of you should just stay away from the board period, or don't post.

I'll tell you what. Lets revisit this a month from now and see where we are and where we are going. I don't believe in cancelling winter because the day 8 op runs show a cutter, but to each his own.

Deal. I'm riding the Coastalwx train all the way. In the meantime, I may disappear for a while until we're back in bidness :)

Deal. I'm riding the Coastalwx train all the way. In the meantime, I may disappear for a while until we're back in bidness :)

Well what train is that? All I am saying is that I think we will have our shots this month. I'm not swallowing a cannon at the moment. If we get screwed so be it. When I looked at the long range this time in 2011...I knew we were screwed. I don't have the same feeling at all right now. I do see reasons how it could suck..but those reasons don't look insurmountable IMO.

Well what train is that? All I am saying is that I think we will have our shots this month. I'm not swallowing a cannon at the moment. If we get screwed so be it. When I looked at the long range this time in 2011...I knew we were screwed. I don't have the same feeling at all right now. I do see reasons how it could suck..but those reasons don't look insurmountable IMO.

Riding the CoastalWx train, have our shots, swallowing, if we get screwed, long, screwed, could suck, mountable.

Archived