• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

OK and who is doing this? You, Kevin, and some others seem to take people's tweets and posts personally - like mets are out to say you're getting warmth and no snow at all times. It's a discussion thread - if people have model analysis or scientific thoughts on a pattern they can post them. Sometimes reality hurts - not everything can be Leon, Westerly Sound Effect Snow, or a 78 blizzard.

butthurt response.,I have probably posted more level headed than you.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan, at times some of the comments of some mods have been as bad as or worse than some of the weenie posts. Just an observation and I cannot cite any right now. Just an observation on my part.

I hear ya Dave... I think part of it is just trying to all do a better job at cleaning up the discussion threads to make them more readable and keeping the junk out. We have plenty of threads for people to joke around, post banter, etc. 

Ryan, at times some of the comments of some mods have been as bad as or worse than some of the weenie posts. Just an observation and I cannot cite any right now. Just an observation on my part.

exactly my point, if we are going to do it, then do it right. Leave the weenie references out for one. You want to take it to the next level then up your own game.

I hear ya Dave... I think part of it is just trying to all do a better job at cleaning up the discussion threads to make them more readable and keeping the junk out. We have plenty of threads for people to joke around, post banter, etc.

I think things will improve once some interesting (well, some peeps find rainstorms interesting) wx to track

Hole ? Kinda like my hood. :)

Snow hole he's referring too bro. Let's face it elevations jump to 1000 to the east of the valley and over 2000 to the west of the valley near the Berkshire crest and we average 15-30 less per year and are usually 5-7 degrees warmer than the Eastern Hills and 7-10 degrees warmer than the Berkshires in non inversion situations. I personally think the Lower Pioneer Valley is very scenic in areas but definitely a relative snow hole for being so far inland.  

like mets are out to say you're getting warmth and no snow at all times. It's a discussion thread - if people have model analysis or scientific thoughts on a pattern they can post them.

This is not aimed at any of the posters mentioned in the above post, which is why they have been deleted... but if you post something that isn't necessarily pro-snow or cold on here, you better well have a good backup because that will be challenged or rebutted.  Even something as simple as posting a verbatim model run, with no emotion involved...just as simple as "The ECMWF is showing a cutter at day X on the new run" will certainly be met with some sort of resistence.  However, when anyone posts something pro-snow or pro-cold, you usually don't need much reasoning at all.    Its the posts that even imply something other than cold or snow that get met with the "WTF are you talking about?" or "huh?" type responses.

We all do it at times, but if you think something may be heading in a not favorable direction, you better have some damn good reasoning for posting it, haha. 

exactly my point, if we are going to do it, then do it right. Leave the weenie references out for one. You want to take it to the next level then up your own game.

What's so bad with the weenie reference?  We all are them and I never feel talked down to when its mentioned by a met or something, haha.

Snow hole he's referring too bro. Let's face it elevations jump to 1000 to the east of the valley and over 2000 to the west of the valley near the Berkshire crest and we average 15-30 less per year and are usually 5-7 degrees warmer than the Eastern Hills and 7-10 degrees warmer than the Berkshires in non inversion situations. I personally think the Lower Pioneer Valley is very scenic in areas but definitely a relative snow hole for being so far inland.

Can't disagree in any comparison east to west. My long term average here about 10 miles north of Springfield is right around 50". That's fine with me. That might possibly be more than the red tagger from South Weymouth who responded to my OP.

... but if you post something that isn't necessarily pro-snow or cold on here, you better well have a good backup because that will be challenged or rebutted.  Even something as simple as posting a verbatim model run, with no emotion involved...just as simple as "The ECMWF is showing a cutter at day X on the new run" will certainly be met with some sort of resistence.  However, when anyone posts something pro-snow or pro-cold, you usually don't need much reasoning at all.    Its the posts that even imply something other than cold or snow that get met with the "WTF are you talking about?" or "huh?" type responses.

^this

This is not aimed at any of the posters mentioned in the above post, which is why they have been deleted... but if you post something that isn't necessarily pro-snow or cold on here, you better well have a good backup because that will be challenged or rebutted. Even something as simple as posting a verbatim model run, with no emotion involved...just as simple as "The ECMWF is showing a cutter at day X on the new run" will certainly be met with some sort of resistence. However, when anyone posts something pro-snow or pro-cold, you usually don't need much reasoning at all. Its the posts that even imply something other than cold or snow that get met with the "WTF are you talking about?" or "huh?" type responses.

We all do it at times, but if you think something may be heading in a not favorable direction, you better have some damn good reasoning for posting it, haha.

no when a pro met posts a day ten Op 5 H setup as proof he and others theory is correct while totally disregarding the Ens.or the fact additional ridging is shown on that Op then you get a wut? Of course that was given a pass. If I or Kevin had made that post the weenies would have been flying around like frisbees

if you are wanting professional discussion only then disparaging remarks and don't tell me his wasnt meant to be, should be left out. Raising the discourse

Raising the level of discourse would be nice but what the post was about was keeping banter and non-analysis out of the analysis thread. How many posts has Will had to make about how weenies don't like to deal with "probability" and these long term/pattern discussions are almost always misconstrued by folks. 

Archived