Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Winter 2014-15 Short Term Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ratios appear great too. Id say at LEAST an inch already, just two hours into the snow. Was sheety snow earlier now big dendrites. Beautiful outside. I smell overperformer.

Good call snowfreak, it seemed to over perform north of 8mi and east of I75 anyway. We got a little over 2" yesterday at my place and with todays snow we're starting to build a decent snow pack back up.

Wont be home til 730 or so but im willing to bet I Have one of the higher totals. We got almost 2" in the first. 2 hours as it poured snow. Been light ever since but persistent. It almost looks like Lake Erie is seeding moisture into creating additional snow over Wayne county. I had 2.5" when I left at 1030am, and DTW had 2.5" at 130pm. Thinking 4" is a decent bet. Very pretty out.

Video quality isn't the best, but I tried to get a shot of the sky as the flakes were falling. Legit parachutes here for awhile. Picked up a little over an inch in a short amount of time. Still snowing here, but the intensity has backed off quite a bit.

Great Video really nice flake size, I tried taking a video at an angle like that since it seems the best in the daytime to see the flakes but kept getting flakes right on my lens blurring stuff up haha.

probably stacking up nicely just NE of Ottawa

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...CORRECTED

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL

258 PM CST WED JAN 21 2015

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...

..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0244 PM     SNOW             SSW LELAND              41.61N 88.80W

01/21/2015  E4.0 INCH        LA SALLE           IL   PUBLIC

FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET FOR 10 MINUTES. MADE FOR SLICK

CONDITIONS. SNOW FALL 8 HOURS.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...CORRECTED

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL

258 PM CST WED JAN 21 2015

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0244 PM SNOW SSW LELAND 41.61N 88.80W

01/21/2015 E4.0 INCH LA SALLE IL PUBLIC

FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET FOR 10 MINUTES. MADE FOR SLICK

CONDITIONS. SNOW FALL 8 HOURS.

If it's who I think it is, that guy has sent us several bogus reports recently.

Finished with 3.6" here and 2.9" at DTW. Winter wonderland outside, so pretty. Im the highest spotter report so far based on the few reports DTX has posted, but local facebook weather pages have shown several reports of 4-5" in the Flat Rock area (which is south of me, near the Wayne/Monroe co border but in Wayne). Its probably from that initial band. We have now nickeled and dimed our way to 13.6" in Jan imby & 17.8" on the season. DTW is at 13.3" in Jan and 17.4" on the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be curious to see what the 12z ECMWF does as the 00z run was a better hit for areas farther north (I-80).

It boosted amounts a little for everyone, by about 0.10" or so. 0.30" for LAF. 

And wrong thread, but it tries to recreate this past storm for next weekend (not close to the amounts of course, but track is fairly similar). Better get your travel preparations in order. ;)

It boosted amounts a little for everyone, by about 0.10" or so. 0.30" for LAF. 

And wrong thread, but it tries to recreate this past storm for next weekend (not close to the amounts of course, but track is fairly similar). Better get your travel preparations in order. ;)

lol

For Wed-Thu, foreign guidance seems more bullish than American.

Archived