Newest Member
    northernriwx
Winter 2014-15 Short Term Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice.  :thumbsup:

37˚ here with the sun trying to make an appearance. Don't think we're seeing that forecasted 1-2" in the LAF. :lol:

We dropped 4 degrees since the snow started. Radar looks pretty good to your west.  

Looks like the sweet spot is gonna be just south of here.

Sounds like your thermometer is acting up again.  Radar looks pretty good as the stuff to the west slowly sags south. 

It's not just mine. :lol:

Anyways, looks to me the band in central IL is taking on an west to east movement. Should barely miss us to the north. Amazing. :axe:   

We'll get something.. But temps warmed into the mid 40s just south of IND.  Pretty amazing for February sun!

Had about a 10-15 minute burst of snow earlier, but it melted on contact. Way too warm for any accumulation. Just down to a few spits now. A "T" should be good for this one. :lol:

Had about a 10-15 minute burst of snow earlier, but it melted on contact. Way too warm for any accumulation. Just down to a few spits now. A "T" should be good for this one. :lol:

Might want to actually check the radar...snow extends west through IL with some decent bands mixed in.

post-14-0-00252300-1423079804_thumb.png

Might want to actually check the radar...snow extends west through IL with some decent bands mixed in.

Meh, it's moving pretty quickly now. And it's all melting on contact anyways, so what's the use. :lol:

45 miles to our northwest doing well though.

0110 PM SNOW KENTLAND 40.77N 87.45W

02/04/2015 E3.0 INCH NEWTON IN PUBLIC

Wow just had a 30 min period of SN+ (1/2-3/4 mile visibility). Was not expecting that. Now back to SN (around 1 mile visibility). I was only expecting a mood snow day but getting a bit more :):snowwindow:

Pet peeve... +SN is defined as 1/4 mile visibility or less and SN 1/4 to 1/2 mile. So it's all been -SN or borderline moderate SN.

That being said... The snow has been remarkably consistent today here. More than I expected.

Archived