joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Thu night/Early Fri light snow

ORH_wxman

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a good sounding. This is for near int SE MA, but the idea is there is most spots. Cold sounding and a nice little notch back to the left above 500mb. My guess is there will probably be weak -EPV and a band or two of good echoes. These little systems are usually driven by strong thermal gradients in the mid levels. When you have that..you enhance frontogenesis and you can get interesting bands sometimes. Not always, but it happens.

Yeah it actually reminds me a bit like how Nov 29, 1995 did that. This won't be quite as well developed as that one but it was similar in that it was anafrontal wave and really got a few bands to go to town for a brief time as it exited stage right. Caused a 1-2 forecast to bust a bit and a lot of 3-5 amounts were reported. They were classic NE/SW frontogenesis bands.

If this trends a little deeper then we certainly could see something like that

Yeah it actually reminds me a bit like how Nov 29, 1995 did that. This won't be quite as well developed as that one but it was similar in that it was anafrontal wave and really got a few bands to go to town for a brief time as it exited stage right. Caused a 1-2 forecast to bust a bit and a lot of 3-5 amounts were reported. They were classic NE/SW frontogenesis bands.

nice I remember that

Yeah I can see the similarities. Hopefully we can trend a bit juicier as we get closer. It has the potential to do so.

I remember that event vaguely....we had about 5" here....very wet.

Congrats me! Premature fist pumping.

No need to get excited until "we" see Bobo started a thread, the true Baroclinic Zone in this forum. 

Soundings going forward as the pieces become clearer is the only way to go. Just  a great feeling tracking for many the first flakes in Nov.

Just pointing out (mm) so C-2" as is now - Fantastic. Many times the conversion is not considered so what appears as a pant tent map deflates the weens.    

It is paint, but only because I'm at work and I don't have good software here. I would never put that out in a million years professionally, we'd do something like this(which is about to go live).

Don't know why people are so worked up about what I put on my maps, judge the content, not the format.

post-8652-0-15355000-1415837952_thumb.jp

It is paint, but only because I'm at work and I don't have good software here. I would never put that out in a million years professionally, we'd do something like this(which is about to go live).

Don't know why people are so worked up about what I put on my maps, judge the content, not the format.

The content on that map is different than your MS Paint map.

Not worked up at all.  It was supposed to be funny.

Archived