Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Thu night/Early Fri light snow

ORH_wxman

nice solid snow sounding for you, squeeze out a couple on that product

Since it was the latest hold-out for almost nothing, it is nice to see it come west like every other piece of guidance has today. I am still looking for those first flakes in the air, and I am feeling decent for that at least.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a car topper is your thing then by all means proceed. You would think that living up in Northern New England that an inch or two wouldn't even be noteworthy.

Pretty much in Nov when the avg is 4.3", Nickels and dimes right now, 1st snow threat for some on this board, Not for me but others

If a car topper is your thing then by all means proceed. You would think that living up in Northern New England that an inch or two wouldn't even be noteworthy.

First accumulating snow of the season is always noteworthy...some already had it on 11/2 but not everywhere.

Our November thread is general discussion and has gotten quite cluttered, so I split this discussion into a new thread. If this upsets you, I am giving you permission to leave this subforum.

First accumulating snow of the season is always noteworthy...some already had it on 11/2 but not everywhere.

Our November thread is general discussion and has gotten quite cluttered, so I split this discussion into a new thread. If this upsets you, I am giving you permission to leave this subforum.

If I'm coming off as a troll it's not my intention.

I just don't see any model support for accumulating snow anywhere around here.

If I'm coming off as a troll it's not my intention.

I just don't see any model support for accumulating snow anywhere around here.

Define here. For you, I agree, but you're location isn't in this sub forum, so it's not really relevant to the discussion here(And there's a reason why there isn't a thread for this in NYC because it isn't a big deal there). For most of the posters here though, all modeling supports at least a coating with some supporting something more interesting than that.

Since this isn't a stemwinder of a storm..the RPM is probably ok to look at around now. It likes the interior higher elevation SE MA idea (well a lot of ern MA to be honest) and near ORH on north. It's reasonable I suppose. Still in the FWIW stage of that model..but thought I would throw it out there.

Since this isn't a stemwinder of a storm..the RPM is probably ok to look at around now. It likes the interior higher elevation SE MA idea (well a lot of ern MA to be honest) and near ORH on north. It's reasonable I suppose. Still in the FWIW stage of that model..but thought I would throw it out there.

Can you post it?

Well very often model temps will not be forecasted well in these events. Look no further to 11/2 when I got to 33 and models had me at 36. Look at 925 and 950 to get a better idea. Usually in a set up such as this, what happens is that you flash over to a 33f snow and then higher spots maybe tickle 32 or something like that. Low levels are plenty cold to support snow. If it's cold above 500' in elevation, it won't melt. Now of course intensity matters. If it's like 15DBZ then yeah, it won't do much.

The NYC forum is tired of his malarkey, so he's decided to bring it here. 

Sorry, NE.

18z GFS still looks good for a few wet flakes. The surface freezing line lags behind the QPF, otherwise it would have been a good setup for a low end advisory event.

As people have already explained, the position of the surface freezing line, for the most part, is irrelevant. Much more concerned about what the column as a whole looks like vs. if it's 34 or 31 at 2m. We can and will have accumulating snow when it's above 32 at the surface, so long as the rest of the profile looks good(and here it does), and it being at night only helps that.

Lol. I would never shovel an inch, or even two, in November.

I would if temps stayed below freezing and no snow, my driveway slopes side to side, slippery as hell with a compacted inch. Temps in the mid 30s and sun so probably won't although dews in the low 20s probably wont promote much melting but Mondays wash will take care of that.

Archived