• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Massive Nor'easter Disco 10/21-25

Damage In Tolland

I had posted earlier that I thought I had a leaf in my bucket delaying my totals.  I'm glad you're up to date with yours.

I'm at 1.21" now.  It's coming down in buckets--clearly, things are obstructed.

Yeah, my 1.6" was at 7:30AM.  Up to 2.2" now. 

The streams were raging on my drive back from Gill. 

Let's hope we get one of these in January.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made the jack comment a few days back about being in it that many days out, Voila

Meteorology is a humbling science. In hindsight the benchmark track and how far south the mid-level lows were forecasted to be by the models, probably should've adjusted precip south. I know we've been joking about that recently about NNE and fears of further south tracks in winter, but had the mid-level lows been like over GON you'd be firehosed, but south of LI it makes sense where it set up in the BOS-ALB axis.

Fascinating event all-around. It not being snow makes it fascinating lol. When winter emotions are involved it may not be as interesting as pissed off :lol:

Meteorology is a humbling science. In hindsight the benchmark track and how far south the mid-level lows were forecasted to be by the models, probably should've adjusted precip south. I know we've been joking about that recently about NNE and fears of further south tracks in winter, but had the mid-level lows been like over GON you'd be firehosed, but south of LI it makes sense where it set up in the BOS-ALB axis.

Fascinating event all-around. It not being snow makes it fascinating lol. When winter emotions are involved it may not be as interesting as pissed off :lol:

When you have convection and meso lows, it will mess around with models too. That, and a gradual tickle south. Convection robs moisture fluxes downwind of it so you'll never get a nice widespread smooth distribution of predict.

When you have convection and meso lows, it will mess around with models too. That, and a gradual tickle south. Convection robs moisture fluxes downwind of it so you'll never get a nice widespread smooth distribution of predict.

I was going to comment yesterday when you mentioned the convection that was firing around NJ, That can work in a couple different ways and most of the time i know up here it has been in a negative one

But the QPF and PWAT would be much less in this setup. However, QPF would be more widespread with better advective proceses. I always cringe when people say "if this were winter" because if they are trying to equate this QPF to snow, it won't be realized. However, it certainly is the setup for a blockbuster.

Let us dream, Scott, even if it's not realistic.

I guess my jackpot comment the other day still holds some truth to it...................lol

What are you showing now?  It's bucketing up here.

I'm only showing 1.33".  I need a reality check.

44.5/44

system is basically stalled and occluding out. Blocking with a neutral NAO, hmmm

Its not really blocking...it's that the system has been cut-off from the main flow...hence the term "cut-off low" we often see. The main PJ is up around northern Hudson Bay and this sytem got stuck underneath it.

Thanks, good response. It's certainly not over but this is the time models really had the inflow going gang-busters and it should weaken as it lifts north but we'll get rain up here, just not what models had earlier.

I think this sums it up so far....BOX had no flood watch or wind products 24-36 hours ago while GYX issued flood watches for up to 6" of rain. Now the entire state of Mass is under some highlight with flood advisories and warnings, wind advisories and the watches up north sit for now (still may be needed tonight though).

Definitely a big over-performer for SNE, and maybe Mass will be the new CT where big weather happens? lol

Archived