joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Massive Nor'easter Disco 10/21-25

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That prog I posted the other day with RH and LI nailed the convective nature of this storm. I was surprised at how unstable it was, but it worked out. 

The meso models really nailed the wind too. Ginx noted that this morning and so did I on the HRRR and RAP. GFS had a few 50kt barbs as well in NE MA in previous runs. When that happens..time to take note. Combine that with the one lobe of lower pressure moving west and voila.

Pretty interesting storm.  Mellow here most of the day and still not much wind to speak of but pretty good moisture pivoting in all the way back to the Berks now.  If this were winter I'd be out every 5 minutes to check the snowfall rates while some CT peeps would be melting down as they get dry slotted.   lol

Man, can really see the emphasis of the heaviest rains switching n of the pike, especially ne MA.

Yup. 

That prog I posted the other day with RH and LI nailed the convective nature of this storm. I was surprised at how unstable it was, but it worked out. 

The meso models really nailed the wind too. Ginx noted that this morning and so did I on the HRRR and RAP. GFS had a few 50kt barbs as well in NE MA in previous runs. When that happens..time to take note. Combine that with the one lobe of lower pressure moving west and voila.

That bent back warm frontal look is always good for some wind.

My ride home about an hour ago was crazy. Sideways rain, wind, and wet leaves blowing everywhere. My car was hard to steer. I'm listening to a local scanner and there's trees and wires down on several streets near me. Car alarms keep going off and I'm hearing sirens constantly. All that noise and the wind isn't going to be good for sleep tonight.

Archived