joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Massive Nor'easter Disco 10/21-25

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this further south than expected? BOS going for 2.5" soon. All the talk of Maine with 4-8", I know it'll rotate up there but they had a quick 1-2" in ME then nothing since except 0.1-0.2" per 6 hours type -RN.

0.05 here overnight.  From the looks of the radar and the position of the low, I see us struggling to get anywhere near an inch of rain from this.  These cutoff lows are tough to forecast.

Is this further south than expected? BOS going for 2.5" soon. All the talk of Maine with 4-8", I know it'll rotate up there but they had a quick 1-2" in ME then nothing since except 0.1-0.2" per 6 hours type -RN.

I'm glad it's just rain. I'd be jumping from the Tilton Arch otherwise.

I'm glad it's just rain.

Yup.  In a snow event, this board would be brutal.  Half the people would avoid it in disgust.  A handful of people in the screw zone would be in aimlessly grasping for a post from Scooter that something might redevelop in some part of the screw-zone.

I'm envisioning this as a winter event in which  the heaviest qpf is in eastern MA but the ratios out here in GC compensate us for high totals.

I'm glad it's just rain. I'd be jumping from the Tilton Arch otherwise.

lol yeah after days of modeled 1.5-3.0" in the BTV CWA, won't come close with only 0.5" so far and a full 24 hour break. That like 3-4 day stretch of likely to categorical POPs isn't happening.

But I should expect that with a benchmark low. It seemed odd to have the firehose so far north of the surface low. I think we still realize some moderate to brief heavy rains, but yeah this would sting in the winter, lol.

You'll never catch me whining. I get pissed off and vent about things,, but whining and lamenting over qpf etc..seems silly

Pissed off and venting vs whining? Now your just spinning it...it all comes across as the same thing lol. You whined all summer about low dews and cool nights, and recently about the warmth in the fall.

Honestly we are all guilty of it, I was at my worst last January when pouterfreak came out. But don't try to sit there and say you're above it, haha, we all have our periods on here.

Just before midnight last night the tidal gauges from Montauk and New London showed a mini Met tsunami like 2 foot surge which trans versed the entire length of LIS. That coincided with that super intense feeder band which sat off of the coast, Neat stuff in post analysis.

What causes that? Just localized intense winds that cause seas to build and then ripple eastward?

I suspect in the next 2 hours you change your tune. Your ark built?

BOX just hoisted a flood warning for Franklin County until 11:00a.m.

AT 755 AM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED HEAVY RAIN THAT WILL CAUSE

FLOODING. UP TO TWO INCHES OF RAIN HAVE ALREADY FALLEN.  AN

ADDITIONAL 2 INCHES OF RAIN IS EXPECTED THROUGH 11 AM.  THIS WILL

RESULT IN FLOODING OF URBAN AREAS AS WELL AS SMALL RIVERS AND

STREAMS.

If it were only 15* cooler.

BVY looks to jackpot.4.96" total as of 8 am. Btw, whats with the sinkholes in the Worcester area?

0719 AM     FLOOD            SUTTON                  42.15N  71.77W
10/23/2014                   WORCESTER          MA   AMATEUR RADIO

ROUTE 146 N LEFT LANE CLOSED DUE TO A SINKHOLE

0720 AM     FLOOD            SHREWSBURY              42.30N  71.72W
10/23/2014                   WORCESTER          MA   AMATEUR RADIO

I-290 E BETWEEN EXITS 20 - 22 ... LEFT LANE CLOSED DUE
            TO A SINK HOLE

Archived