Newest Member
    Toothache
Massive Nor'easter Disco 10/21-25

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool stuff Ginxy. Titan of tides.

Nice PRESFR/PRESRR couplet there in New London from the gravity wave. Interesting to see the winds jump and the surge jump as well. Somewhat surprising that the tides jumped a foot when the winds were almost due north. Something as short duration of a gravity wave isn't around long enough for ekman pumping to starting piling water to the right. 

Man what a firehose down I-90 from BOS to ALB.

image.jpg

Been very lackluster up north here after the first half inch of rain. But that's par for the course for Benchmark lows. There's a reason why the Benchmark is SNE/ENE's bullseye ;). I think we should rain though as the moisture band migrates north but it'll definitely max out to our south. Models a couple days ago had this it seemed from PWM to BTV area, but now working out closer to Benchmark climo.

Valley overperformer in the QPE dept. Nearly 2", though as usual the winds were not particularly notable. Really not since Boxing Day have we had a nor'easter that gave us the radar middle finger.

Nice PRESFR/PRESRR couplet there in New London from the gravity wave. Interesting to see the winds jump and the surge jump as well. Somewhat surprising that the tides jumped a foot when the winds were almost due north. Something as short duration of a gravity wave isn't around long enough for ekman pumping to starting piling water to the right. 

I wonder if that propagation to the west helped despite winds north? I think winds were SE offshore. I  noticed BID with SE winds all of the sudden at 135z. with a pressure rise then fall.

KBID 230155Z AUTO 05017G25KT 10SM TS OVC010 14/12 A2964 RMK
    AO1 LTG DSNT W P0001=
KBID 230135Z AUTO 12008G25KT 080V160 10SM TS OVC010 14/12
    A2967 RMK AO1 LTG DSNT W P0001=
KBID 230115Z AUTO 05016G36KT 10SM TS BKN008 OVC017 14/12 A2962
    RMK AO1 LTG DSNT SE P0001=

Having that data is the best part of it all. these micro embedded vortices in strong convective storms are always my favorite. Blizz 13 had a lot of these meso type vort maxes. Cool stuff to look at.

I wonder if that propagation to the west helped despite winds north? I think winds were SE offshore. I  noticed BID with SE winds all of the sudden at 135z. with a pressure rise then fall.

KBID 230155Z AUTO 05017G25KT 10SM TS OVC010 14/12 A2964 RMK
    AO1 LTG DSNT W P0001=
KBID 230135Z AUTO 12008G25KT 080V160 10SM TS OVC010 14/12
    A2967 RMK AO1 LTG DSNT W P0001=
KBID 230115Z AUTO 05016G36KT 10SM TS BKN008 OVC017 14/12 A2962
    RMK AO1 LTG DSNT SE P0001=

Yes that was right around the time this passed through

Well the radar looks like the back edge is approaching BOS. Maybe more develops

Low basically sits and spins southeast of sne today. Your right, more does develop. It's much easier to see on wxbell but here is 10z rap composite reflectivity product loop http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRRncep/jsloopLocalDiskDateDomainZip.cgi?dsKeys=hrrr_ncep_jet:&runTime=2014102310&plotName=cref_t3sfc&fcstInc=60&numFcsts=16&model=hrrr&ptitle=HRRR%20Model%20Fields%20-%20NCEP%20Parallel&maxFcstLen=15&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=t3

Rap is similar, if not actually more impressive. So, decent drink today too for the east me thinks.

hires also wants to bring a period of gusty winds out of the northeast as the low departs finally later tonight.

Had it been snow this would have been toaster bath city up here.

with a back bent warm front like this it would have been for most of us down here too, Ray would be playing naked twister while the rest of us would be in disastah mode MPM would be crying in his qpf all night and then magically end up with 2-3 feet, this ain't over for you guys though. sun peaking through here at work only .65 here total with high wind gust last night of 47 mph 

Archived