Toothache
Massive Nor'easter Disco 10/21-25

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how can you be at 1.1"?

I am at 1.6" in both buckets.

I had posted earlier that I thought I had a leaf in my bucket delaying my totals.  I'm glad you're up to date with yours.

I'm at 1.21" now.  It's coming down in buckets--clearly, things are obstructed.

how friggin cool is this shot

That is an awesome photo!

well, then theres 78 92 97 but I get your drift

But the QPF and PWAT would be much less in this setup. However, QPF would be more widespread with better advective proceses. I always cringe when people say "if this were winter" because if they are trying to equate this QPF to snow, it won't be realized. However, it certainly is the setup for a blockbuster.

But the QPF and PWAT would be much less in this setup. However, QPF would be more widespread with better advective proceses. I always cringe when people say "if this were winter" because if they are trying to equate this QPF to snow, it won't be realized. However, it certainly is the setup for a blockbuster.

Right.

There would be 3' on the n shore.

It may very well have been my largest event on record.

50"?

No.

I had posted earlier that I thought I had a leaf in my bucket delaying my totals.  I'm glad you're up to date with yours.

I'm at 1.21" now.  It's coming down in buckets--clearly, things are obstructed.

That is an awesome photo!

I guess my jackpot comment the other day still holds some truth to it...................lol

You would never have this much moisture equivalent if it were winter.

Or if we did, most of it would be something other than snow. Post-Christmas 1969 saw much of central/western Maine and adjacent NH get 4-8" LE, but the latter 75% was 40-50F rain that washed away the 12-18" snow that started the storm. Farther west, BTV had 30" of 11:1 snow

Valley overperformer in the QPE dept. Nearly 2", though as usual the winds were not particularly notable. Really not since Boxing Day have we had a nor'easter that gave us the radar middle finger.

Are winds more NE in the lowest 2-4kft?

I'm always fascinated in the minute details of why some east flow events cause such a downslope problem while others are no issue.

Should be getting a break soon on the north shore cstl areas, but I think more will fill in a bit later on. The flow in the mid levels needs to become more NE and N and this will bring down the moisture train albeit weaker later on. Models still develop ocnl rains through tonight.

Can we expect a break up here?

Radar looks good, but I can tell how the storm is moving...

Still pouring at home. Might be close to 5" now. MQE just west with 5.11"

Man what a bust on some of the models that had those amounts well up in Maine at this time.

48 hours ago all this was going to be north.

Maine will see get wrecked tonight but looking at some of the old QPF progs posted earlier in this thread shows what a bust it has been in SNE (on the wet side), and parts of NNE.

I have to give Kev props for this thread, sometimes he picks the right pitch and hits it out of the park, other times Uncle Charlie get him and he looks foolish striking out but this was a grand slam.

I am just so confused what we are giving props for.. He just says every event is going to be extreme.. and eventually one is. I take blame for thinking this one wouldn't be initially but still

Or if we did, most of it would be something other than snow. Post-Christmas 1969 saw much of central/western Maine and adjacent NH get 4-8" LE, but the latter 75% was 40-50F rain that washed away the 12-18" snow that started the storm. Farther west, BTV had 30" of 11:1 snow

Yeah you would need a long duration event of moderate to heavy precip. Many areas got 3-5" in 10hrs.

Man what a bust on some of the models that had those amounts well up in Maine at this time.

48 hours ago all this was going to be north.

Maine will see get wrecked tonight but looking at some of the old QPF progs posted earlier in this thread shows what a bust it has been in SNE (on the wet side), and parts of NNE.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Made the jack comment a few days back about being in it that many days out, Voila

Archived