joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Massive Nor'easter Disco 10/21-25

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eh, this storm isn't that classic... the center is broad and the precip shield isn't organized

Who said it was classic?   A fair amount of discussion past few days about it being broad and a fair amount of the time with little or no precip.  Once you get past the weenie talk, that's all it's been.

Who said it was classic?   A fair amount of discussion past few days about it being broad and a fair amount of the time with little or no precip.  Once you get past the weenie talk, that's all it's been.

I said "Classic New England autumn coastal".....which forky has a point in that it is a bit more anomalous with the strong cutoff. Though the precip shield will become a lot more organized later.

I was also more referring to just sensible wx feel, not necessarily the meteorological evolution of the storm...but I didn't specify that.

actually looks pretty classic to me, just not deep but same effects, winds above 30"s at the coast, Gale Warnings

...VERY HIGH SEAS OF 15 TO 20 FEET AND NORTHEAST GALE FORCE WIND

GUSTS WILL CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY ACROSS THE NORTHERN

MASSACHUSETTS WATERS...

ANZ250-251-230400-

/O.CON.KBOX.GL.W.0021.000000T0000Z-141023T2200Z/

COASTAL WATERS EAST OF IPSWICH BAY AND THE STELLWAGEN BANK

NATIONAL MARINE SANCTUARY-MASSACHUSETTS BAY AND IPSWICH BAY-

348 PM EDT WED OCT 22 2014

...GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EDT THURSDAY...

* WINDS AND SEAS...NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO

45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 18 FEET.

Checking out some of the hires now that I'm settled in, looks like this initial band effects most of sne, intensifies and spreads nw and gets almost everyone involved in heavy rain. It'll rock back further to the interior eventually weakening. Then as storm begins to bring more of an easterly flow, possible training heavy rains coming in from the east in a narrow area(s) of eastern mass. Could be really localized, but somewhere could pick up impressive rainfall totals if that happened. Nam seems to like that idea too.

hrrr says peak winds are now until midnight. Cape ann stays windy past that time period though. 

Checking out some of the hires now that I'm settled in, looks like this initial band effects most of sne, intensifies and spreads nw and gets almost everyone involved in heavy rain. It'll rock back further to the interior eventually weakening. Then as storm begins to bring more of an easterly flow, possible training heavy rains coming in from the east in a narrow area(s) of eastern mass. Could be really localized, but somewhere could pick up impressive rainfall totals if that happened. Nam seems to like that idea too.

hrrr says peak winds are now until midnight. Cape ann stays windy past that time period though. 

Daddy loves you, and he wants to thank you for bringing the discourse back away from "would we or would we not qualify this particular system as classic according to personally established nebulous criteria for doing so."

I hope it rains much on your house. On all your houses. Much rain.

Daddy loves you, and he wants to thank you for bringing the discourse back away from "would we or would we not qualify this particular system as classic according to personally established nebulous criteria for doing so."

I hope it rains much on your house. On all your houses. Much rain.

:lol:

Speaking of my house... several big frequent gusts close to 40kt here. Awesome, picking up all of a sudden. rain finally starting to come down also. Probably sustained 25kt winds.

Archived