EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Massive Nor'easter Disco 10/21-25

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The legacy products were way too low in Islip too back in Aug. I bet it's not that far off.

It depends though. Some events they do quite well and others not well at all. OKX had weeks and weeks of bad storm estimates because their dual pol products weren't calibrated properly. 

It depends though. Some events they do quite well and others not well at all. OKX had weeks and weeks of bad storm estimates because their dual pol products weren't calibrated properly. 

Really? I guess who knows unless you have someone there. I admit I didn't follow it the whole time, but they had some nasty pixels stalled there. What a weird low level boundary.  We've had some weird low level features deliver a ton of rain in the past during October. There was one on 10/4/11 that almost flooded my Dorchester condo in 20 min. The local station down the street has .6" in 5 min.

Really? I guess who knows unless you have someone there. I admit I didn't follow it the whole time, but they had some nasty pixels stalled there. What a weird low level boundary. We've had some weird low level features deliver a ton of rain in the past during October. There was one on 10/4/11 that almost flooded my Dorchester condo in 20 min. The local station down the street has .6" in 5 min.

Did anything pick up on this today?

Did anything pick up on this today?

Some mesos had pockets of heavier showers, but I think this is forming on something in the 950-900 layer as winds turn more NE but still maybe more SE to the south and west of the boundary. When these ULL dive and close off...you can get some funky stalled boundaries in the warm season.

Well you can meh down 6+ inches of rain in 2-3 hours, but for folks that live there I'm pretty sure there's some problems

Looking at Google Earth there may be 2 or 3 dozen families there? It's a rural area so I'm sure they were able to handle the rain without an issues. 

Archived