Newest Member
    joxey
Massive Nor'easter Disco 10/21-25

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we all do, couldn"t resist. should max out in NEMA, congrats to those folks

Man, I love this kind of autumn weather. This is the way that it should be. Flat, grey slate overcast, amid 50ish temps and drizzle....just dares a gangbuster of a winter to follow it up.

I happen to be of the opinion that it will oblige.

This system should be fun.

The calls for wind being a bigger factor and worrying about models being overdone.. rap hrrr and nam all go boom at 900mb. Makes me feel pretty confident about wind calls. Cape ann is nearly a lock for it. Hrrr is 40-50kt sustained there for a time :lol:

perfect weather for spinal surgery recovery. Im gonna take my meds and geek out in the recliner all night.

Well here is the thing. The LLJ increase coincides with warmer air aloft moving in thus limiting mixing. So you need two things to happen. Having the temp near ground level warm enough to mix some of it down, or a strong pressure gradient to help maximize winds. Those winds at 925 won't be mixing down.

Well here is the thing. The LLJ increase coincides with warmer air aloft moving in thus limiting mixing. So you need two things to happen. Having the temp near ground level warm enough to mix some of it down, or a strong pressure gradient to help maximize winds. Those winds at 925 won't be mixing down.

what about the heavy rain and instability that moves in? Also increase in dp's? Doesn't that increase elevated instability and promote mixing?

what about the heavy rain and instability that moves in? Also increase in dp's? Doesn't that increase elevated instability and promote mixing?

We keep a strong NE wind at the surface...so we won't be getting warmer DPs or temps at the surface.

We do increase the sfc pressure gradient and the core of the LLJ is quite low, so we'll see some gusty winds, but I wouldn't expect 50 knot gusts in BOS...probably MQE and maybe some exposed spots on Cape Ann and Isle Of Shoals off NH seacoast. That type of thing.

BOS may get something like 35-40 knot gusts for a few hours, but I'd be surprised by 50+.

Archived