Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Massive Nor'easter Disco 10/21-25

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for nothing, but as a lobe of low pressure moves west..someone may get a 2-4 hr burst of strong winds. Funny you noticed that. HRRR is somewhat...wow. Don't know if I buy it yet.

yea thats crazy, and I'l be damned if this doesn't remind me of boxing day, lol. Thats what 60 knot 850 inflow slamming into elevation does

RAP is pretty gnarly after 00z.

NAM had sustained at 50 knots down to 950mb for a brief time from around 00z to 03z tonight at BOS...950 is only about 1500 ft off the deck...and a longer period of roughly 30 knots sustained near the surface from 21z to 03z.

So it could get pretty windy for a 6-8 hour period.

NAM had sustained at 50 knots down to 950mb for a brief time from around 00z to 03z tonight at BOS...950 is only about 1500 ft off the deck...and a longer period of roughly 30 knots sustained near the surface from 21z to 03z.

So it could get pretty windy for a 6-8 hour period.

It's a narrow area where you go from strong winds to just a breeze within like 10 miles. It's probably going to be fun on Cape Ann that's for sure.

There was close to nothing forecasted to do anything yet for our area before you posted this.

i didn't say anything was forecasted. just stating that so far (and that continues now) this has been meh. nothing but drizzle here mostly. 

based on what i read yesterday (not here), i was expecting at least some decent showers overnight, but there was very little. maybe i misread, or maybe i just pictured something different (3 days of rain).

It is really interesting for the North Shore this evening. If you look at the NAM BUFKIT sounding for Logan it's pretty meh with such a stable boundary layer but boy is it ripping right off the deck. If that boundary layer profile changes even a bit it will rip up there for a bit. 

It's a narrow area where you go from strong winds to just a breeze within like 10 miles. It's probably going to be fun on Cape Ann that's for sure.

It is really interesting for the North Shore this evening. If you look at the NAM BUFKIT sounding for Logan it's pretty meh with such a stable boundary layer but boy is it ripping right off the deck. If that boundary layer profile changes even a bit it will rip up there for a bit. 

Yeah, BL is likely going to keep the really good stuff from mixing down...won't be surprised at gusts of 35-40 knots though for a few hours on the shore. MQE will probably go over 50 knots though, lol.

All the models are in fairly good agreement now, including the 12z GFS on another band of heavy rain forming sometime between 18z and 00z and then rotating it through all of New England and the northern Mid-Atlantic after 00z. This band should make it further inland and dump a general 1"+ from Maine to NJ with locally higher amounts. The GFS is even wetter than the NAM for CT. So areas that missed out this morning should get in on the fun tonight.

Nasty sheet rains here. Boy is this a nice thing to track compared to the boredom I had this summer. I love a good storm.

Is it just me or is the whole eveolution of this system so far slower than modeled? Yesterday the models wanted the band that is progged to come in overnight during the day today.

Archived