EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Massive Nor'easter Disco 10/21-25

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many in Sne stayed in 40's on Sunday ftw. And also Oct 11.. 2 days already here with highs in the 40's. That said .. Today we roasted

Sunday's highs...

Tolland on WU...

TOLLA12 52.2F

TOLLA6 50.8F

TOLLA17 50.4F

ORH 50F

They were cheap 5Z highs. I was in the 40s throughout the daytime on Sunday too.

The daily mail has the best weather articles pics,videos post storm than any site out there, check out what a real Noreaster looks like, ET Gonzalo http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2801196/hurricane-gonzalo-hits-75mph-winds-bringing-travel-chaos-uk-heathrow-cancels-10-flights.html

Wow, impressive stuff. There's a lot of pictures there of disasters waiting to happen, Planes landing in very strong winds and what looks to be significant standing water. There are also many people standing very close to those powerful overwashing waves.

Amen to that sir. Being as passionate as I am about Meteorology and showing it is just a characteristic. I mean I just graduated in May but I understand so much and the way the atmosphere works. I continue to learn like every human does to live. I love weather and I show how much I understand. I agree with the statements about Jim Cantore since I have met him several times and know a lot about him. I imagine there are other people on here that have met him as well. I worked with him training to be a broadcast met and yeah he probably has more passion about weather then anyone I know that's a professional. 

Anyways on to the storm! My fellow Mainers who is building the arc? HAHA

You don't become that passionate about meteorology without knowing a little something. I think that goes for many mets on here too.

Already 1/4 of the way there !!!

RADAR ESTIMATED 2 TO 4 INCHES

OF RAINFALL HAS FALLEN OVER PALMER...WARE...AND WARREN SO FAR THIS

EVENING. THESE STORMS ARE BARELY MOVING...SO ADDITIONAL RAINFALL

IS EXPECTED. FLASH FLOODING IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN SHORTLY.

I'm not sure I buy those estimated rainfall totals - it looks a little high to me. 

Wow

AT 644 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED HEAVY RAIN WITH AMOUNTS

EXCEEDING 5 INCHES IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF WARE...AND IN CLOSE

PROXIMITY OF WARREN AND PALMER MASSACHUSETTS. FLASH FLOODING IS

EITHER ALREADY ONGOING OR EXPECTED TO BEGIN SHORTLY. ADDITIONAL

RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF AROUND 1 TO 2 INC

There are 2 pixels of >5" of rain just south of Ware on Dual pol estimates but legacy precip total is only 2.5" of rain. 

Some events the dual pol stuff does well and other times it's not good at all.

Archived