Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 10-11 Rainstorm Thread

AdamHLG

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a ticket for tonight, so I hope they preemptively postpone it so I don't have to sit out in the rain for hours.  

Where are you sitting?  WNEW was talking to Orioles ground crew this AM and apparently the stadium crews are not anticipating any issues with the turf from tonight's rain.  Sounds like they expect to play.

Got a ticket for tonight, so I hope they preemptively postpone it so I don't have to sit out in the rain for hours.  

I'm hoping for the same. I hate standing around on the concourse "working" for two hours only to end up going home.  If they do postpone, I've heard that there is the possibility that tonight's tickets would be good for tomorrow, and tomorrow's tickets would be moved to Sunday.  It's not convenient for a lot of people if they do that, but it makes sense because the tickets are for "Game 1" and "Game 2."

If that's the case, there may be larger than normal amount of tickets available for each game.

Where are you sitting?  WNEW was talking to Orioles ground crew this AM and apparently the stadium crews are not anticipating any issues with the turf from tonight's rain.  Sounds like they expect to play.

Eh...we'll see I guess.  I'm in the upper deck under the overhang, so I should be relatively dry in my seat.  

I'm hoping for the same. I hate standing around on the concourse "working" for two hours only to end up going home.  If they do postpone, I've heard that there is the possibility that tonight's tickets would be good for tomorrow, and tomorrow's tickets would be moved to Sunday.  It's not convenient for a lot of people if they do that, but it makes sense because the tickets are for "Game 1" and "Game 2."

If that's the case, there may be larger than normal amount of tickets available for each game.

Yes, that's what's going to happen.  

**Alert**

Sprinkles in-progress.

Remain vigilant, but be prepared to move to higher ground, if necessary.

**End of emergency warning**

Are you certain that the bulk of the meaningful rain isn't going to slide south of us?

I'm not.

Although, I think the next 7 days will end our drought here..............if.........

6z NAM would suggest there's a window to get the game in from 0-3z tonight.  But then it pours from 3-6z.  GFS spreads the precip out more evenly over the hours from 21-6z.  

HiRes NAM and HRRRRRRR show the same sort of thing.  1st wave goes through this afternoon and evening, then a pause conveniently during the game time and then it pours again after.  

Are you certain that the bulk of the meaningful rain isn't going to slide south of us?

I'm not.

Although, I think the next 7 days will end our drought here..............if.........

There's no doubt in my mind that it isn't going south of us.  I think you and I are going to be left with a big bag of WTF when this event is done.  It's funny, because the initial worry was that the bulk of the rain was modeled to pass north of us, and instead it looks to be going south.  We just can't win.  I think you're probably right about the next week or so, since after today I'm rooting against any rain just to help the leaves hold on to the trees as long as possible.  Me rooting against rain should be enough to induce a soaker.

Archived