Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 10-11 Rainstorm Thread

AdamHLG

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro has about .20+/- falling between 7pm and 1am. High res nam looks bad for rates during the period.

Looks like 2 waves of precip. One during the afternoon and one during the game period. Nam is wet and euro is dryer. Euro has .3-.4 total during friday afternoon and night.

The only saving grace for a chance with the game going is that the band is pretty narrow. Relatively short distances are wet and dry.

I personally feel the game is more than likely going to be postponed because of the off and on nature of the precip. If the field gets a good batch of showers during the afternoon and it's raining again at game time then I can't see it being played.

Euro has about .20+/- falling between 7pm and 1am. High res nam looks bad for rates during the period.

Looks like 2 waves of precip. One during the afternoon and one during the game period. Nam is wet and euro is dryer. Euro has .3-.4 total during friday afternoon and night.

The only saving grace for a chance with the game going is that the band is pretty narrow. Relatively short distances are wet and dry.

I personally feel the game is more than likely going to be postponed because of the off and on nature of the precip. If the field gets a good batch of showers during the afternoon and it's raining again at game time then I can't see it being played.

0z and 6z GFS look really wet during the game time.  0.5-0.75".  

12Z NAM has about a tenth of an inch falling in the Baltimore area for the 3 hour period leading up to 11pm Friday. Heaviest of the precip comes during the overnight hours into Saturday morning. That said, it looks like we're in and out of showers from midday on. Probably hard to get the game in with that. Saturday should be fine.

Sat looks fine...tomorrow night could be an issue...I might go Saturday if the weather is borderline enough that ticket prices drop...

I don't know if there are MLB rules governing this, but no need for an off day ..it is a 2 hr 15 min flight from BWI to MCI

Yeah, they'd lose the off-day apparently in the event of a postponement.  Probably a big part of it is MLB doesn't want to compete with the ratings juggernaut (wish this was tongue-in-cheek) that is the thrilling week 6 matchup of the the Slurs vs. the Cardinals.  

leaves are crunchy

Wrong thread!!!!!!11!!  Gosh, SOME people...

Sat looks fine...tomorrow night could be an issue...I might go Saturday if the weather is borderline enough that ticket prices drop...

I don't know if there are MLB rules governing this, but no need for an off day ..it is a 2 hr 15 min flight from BWI to MCI

lemme know if you do.. i may be down. never been there. 

lemme know if you do.. i may be down. never been there. 

If I can recover from the nats loss, I am considering it..such a cool stadium and I'd love to attend an ALCS game...we could take amtrak if we don't feel like driving and the 4:07 game time is attractive...will have to see if prices drop

right now, $150-ish for low down upper deck seats..

Phew. Trying hard to fit in. I even asked permission in another thread before I started the thread! Sorry to be off topic.

A cousin for a very close friend of mine works for MLB and they just flew him to Baltimore as head of MLB logistics for a possible rain event schedule change. I am told through my friend that he said MLB will push the outer limits to get this game in Friday no matter what it takes to avoid a Sunday game that competes with NFL for ad revenue reasons. Just passing that along.

AFDLWX discussion points an ugly pic for tomorrow.

Phew. Trying hard to fit in. I even asked permission in another thread before I started the thread! Sorry to be off topic.

A cousin for a very close friend of mine works for MLB and they just flew him to Baltimore as head of MLB logistics for a possible rain event schedule change. I am told through my friend that he said MLB will push the outer limits to get this game in Friday no matter what it takes to avoid a Sunday game that competes with NFL for ad revenue reasons. Just passing that along.

AFDLWX discussion points an ugly pic for tomorrow.

*sighs* I see not much has changed in 2 years.

Translation: Unless it is -30F with sustained hurricane force winds and a tsunami warning for the Inner Harbor, they won't cancel it.

If I can recover from the nats loss, I am considering it..such a cool stadium and I'd love to attend an ALCS game...we could take amtrak if we don't feel like driving and the 4:07 game time is attractive...will have to see if prices drop

right now, $150-ish for low down upper deck seats..

If you can get standing room only seats and get there extra early (gates open two hours before game time), then you could sit in the center field bleacher bar. Those are first come, first served, and not any different than the view from the bleacher seats. Of course, if you get up for a bathroom break or food, you'd lose them.

Just a guess, but my money is on a postponement to Sunday at 4'ish.

Archived