joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter

jburns

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just caught up on the Concord deal. Won't be able to make it because of having to take care of my wife, but until her incident in 2013, there was a group of us internet friends from all over the country (even Canada and Great Britain one year) who got together every June in Concord for 10 years in a row. There's a cluster of motels just off Bruton Smith Blvd headed towards the speedway (2 blocks from 85). The mall is on the same road about a mile the other direction from the motels. All of us stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for the weekend. Plenty of restaurants within a 2-5 minute walk. We always ate dinner together the first night at Texas Roadhouse, then took over the motel's dining area the 2nd afternoon/evening with sandwich tray/veggie tray/wing tray/ snacks, desserts and beverages picked up from the WalMart across from the Mall (ordered them ahead of time). We fed the front desk, cleaned the place up when we were done, took our own trash to the dumpster, and left the room ready for breakfast. Never had a problem with management.

Hope y'all enjoy the get-together.

ALERT ALERT......"Fantasy Snow Season" is now underway, courtesy of the Euro last night.

Yup. Really Euro and GFS are at two completely different spectrums right now @ the timeframe of 168-240 hours out.

Haven't looked at any soundings.. but GFS says possibilly cold enough for NJ,PA,NYC area as it tries to get a coastal storm going. Euro on the other had develops big bowling ball @ 500mb with a coastal off the NC/SC coast with sub 32 850s in south GA. :lol:

The Euro solution is not going to verify. No way. Why is it you never see that type of depiction 24 hours out? 216 hours? No problem!

Rare to get a cut off that far south and east. You probably right...won't verify. Good eye candy though...gets everyone in the winter spirit.

Seems a little early for fantasy storms? Anyone remember the first fantasy storm showing up last year? Was it mid Dec.?

:lol:

You're telling me you cant remember atleast 1 full year.

It was early Nov when the first fantasy storm showed. Then including you and Mytrle Beach it snowed some on 11-12-13 and again 11-29-13

Buckeye even got in on the action in Nov.

:lol:

You're telling me you cant remember atleast 1 full year.

It was early Nov when the first fantasy storm showed. Then including you and Mytrle Beach it snowed some on 11-12-13 and again 11-29-13

Buckeye even got in on the action in Nov.

Yeah, I'm old! The mind is first to go, then the knees! I forgot about my thanksgiving eve dusting! That was amaz!! Don't remember when it started showing up, but I believe it was an upper level disturbance that started in vicinity of TX/LA

For delusional mountain posters it's October through May.

and for us deep south folks , its December through March. In my lifetime there has never been any significant snow or ice in Nov or April and probably never will be. But it is fun to track fantasy snowstorms for our friends on the east coast and up north.

Archived