joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter

jburns

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, okay.. I picked a stupid thing to get anal about. ATL metro is not the same thing as MSA. I get it. And just to let you know, I sent an apology to the Dacula guy yesterday, though he didn't read my message. I don't post much, so never fear, I won't intrude on the flow of discussion again. 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c2a_1411624287#0qyhOQ7PbZ3UKlzJ.01

Went to the Outback Steakhouse last night, had all or some of the following: #primerib, #coconutshrimp,#cheesefries,#lobstertail,and #alicespringschicken! It was fabulous !! They were out of wings. :(

If there are no pix, it didn't happen!  Man, that sounds good.  We frequently go get take-away from the Outback near me.  Over the past year, the accuracy of the order has gone downhill significantly.  They can't cook the steak right, the bloomin' onion is undercooked half the time, and they often forget to put salad dressing in.  I've even been given the wrong order twice!  You shouldn't have to babysit an Outback order.  It's frustrating, because that is my favorite place to eat.  But since they changed management, things have definitely gotten crappy over there.

On a better note, this is how you eat breakfast, courtesy of Shatley Springs:

post-987-0-79803900-1414417493_thumb.jpe

Okay, okay.. I picked a stupid thing to get anal about. ATL metro is not the same thing as MSA. I get it. And just to let you know, I sent an apology to the Dacula guy yesterday, though he didn't read my message. I don't post much, so never fear, I won't intrude on the flow of discussion again. 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c2a_1411624287#0qyhOQ7PbZ3UKlzJ.01

What I am about to post is not intended to be a slap at you, but a general statement of my views. This situation has just allowed me to use it as an example to make my point.

In my entire career in education, I never allowed a student to challenge a teacher or insult another student in front of a class or group, and then apologize one on one in the privacy of an office. The apology had to be made in the same venue as the original incident. If that is good policy for kids, and I think it is, it is also good form for adults.

When I came to work this morning, we were going to have a good winter.  Now, there is furious Eurasian snow melt going on and the earth is being bombarded by massive solar flares.  So much for cold and snow. :(

Of course I want to see a good pattern setup for winter, but I'm at a point where I'm taking things one event at a time.

Halloween - looking great!

First freeze - looking promising for this weekend.

Everything else - too far to really know

What I am about to post is not intended to be a slap at you, but a general statement of my views. This situation has just allowed me to use it as an example to make my point.

In my entire career in education, I never allowed a student to challenge a teacher or insult another student in front of a class or group, and then apologize one on one in the privacy of an office. The apology had to be made in the same venue as the original incident. If that is good policy for kids, and I think it is, it is also good form for adults.

Understood.. I would have never posting another thing about this, had that one guy not stirred it all up.. if I were a better person I would have ignored it.. lol But I'm a little too sensitive at times. Let me extend my apologies to DaculaWeather, mostly for my tone and inappropriate spot to have an argument, especially about something very trivial. Hope that helps.. if not.. well I did my best.

When I came to work this morning, we were going to have a good winter. Now, there is furious Eurasian snow melt going on and the earth is being bombarded by massive solar flares. So much for cold and snow. :(

LOL, after my recollection of our futility in the winter thread I am ready to start hoping for a torch this winter. It would be funny to see everyone N/S/E/W have another banner year while we just miss out, again. I can keep the woe as me attitude up for another season :baby:

Come on Eurasian snow melt, keep it up!!!! :sun:

bb1bd1f9f395586fdb97851ebf22b376.jpg

Aw snap.. Full black woolly worm.

Winter is not cancelled after all ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Winter un cancel! This is one we will tell our grandchildren about! Throw the black squirrel in on top of the wooly worm and it's a slam dunk! Forget what snow is doing on the other side of the world and just late nature show you the way!

Of course I want to see a good pattern setup for winter, but I'm at a point where I'm taking things one event at a time.

Halloween - looking great!

First freeze - looking promising for this weekend.

Everything else - too far to really know

That's a good way to look at it, unlike the below! :devilsmiley:

LOL, after my recollection of our futility in the winter thread I am ready to start hoping for a torch this winter. It would be funny to see everyone N/S/E/W have another banner year while we just miss out, again. I can keep the woe as me attitude up for another season :baby:

Come on Eurasian snow melt, keep it up!!!! :sun:

:banned:

Understood.. I would have never posting another thing about this, had that one guy not stirred it all up.. if I were a better person I would have ignored it.. lol But I'm a little too sensitive at times. Let me extend my apologies to DaculaWeather, mostly for my tone and inappropriate spot to have an argument, especially about something very trivial. Hope that helps.. if not.. well I did my best.

Accepted. Thank you.

Well done. I'm glad I didn't have to send Sherman back down there.

I have bus duty in the morning at the elementary school I work at. For some reason the kiddos were freaked out by the Woollyworm :-) and In hindsight i'm not sure they understand the forecasting power the Little worm has ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have bus duty in the morning at the elementary school I work at. For some reason the kiddos were freaked out by the Woollyworm :-) and In hindsight i'm not sure they understand the forecasting power the Little worm has ;)

Sent from my iPhone

My Granddaughter freaked out too  :lol:    She's only two and I didn't think she would actually listen to me when I explained the powers the worm had, but she told her Mommy that Nana had a snow worm that was ewwwww   :lol: 

Archived