joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter

jburns

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and for us deep south folks , its December through March. In my lifetime there has never been any significant snow or ice in Nov or April and probably never will be. But it is fun to track fantasy snowstorms for our friends on the east coast and up north.

1987...there was a significant April snow across all of North Central Alabama. April 3rd, 1987, a max snowfall of 5 inches was recorded in Birmingham. I wasn't alive either at that time, but I've heard talk about it.

I'm all-out for our long range snowstorm.

Seriously, I hadn't even been model watching until you guys mentioned it, though.  I think I'll hold off on looking at the models for now.  I'll be doing that enough this winter...  I have zero faith in anything in early November working out.

I guess I'll probably be firing up the Weatherbell subscription again in December.  I'll probably hold off on it until it looks like there's a real threat to track, though.

I'll be up when the Euro comes out, but not to wait for it. :lol:

If I start staying up for the Euro in OCTOBER I might have to destroy my computer.

So, that the Euro would be fully released by midnight, I, along with a bunch of other wx hobbyists, am lobbying Congress to get us to fall back three hours instead of one and then to stay there forever. DST will become a rumor. If this isn't successful, I may consider moving to Colorado. Let me know if you want to join in on this.

So, that the Euro would be fully released by midnight, I, along with a bunch of other wx hobbyists, am lobbying Congress to get us to fall back three hours instead of one and then to stay there forever. DST will become a rumor. If this isn't successful, I may consider moving to Colorado. Let me know if you want to join in on this.

Hahaha thats funny! I might consider moving too, even 1am is late for me ha!

My wife and I are ready to go to Larry. I retire in about two years... :-)

Next weekend shall soothe the warm weather haters. I'm rooting for a hard freeze Saturday night :shiver:

November 1st, that's when some stations start Christmas music, I'm dreaming of a fantasy white Christmas already :grinch:

Sadly, I was at the mall Friday , and they had Christhmas music playing in the stores already! :(

Went to the mall this weekend and they where totally decked out. Only thing missing was the mall Santa. My opinion, they really need to wait until after Halloween.

How about waiting til after Thanksgiving like it used to be? I love how that holiday is trivialized by so many nowadays (not addressing this directly at you) because there's so much less money to be made from it.

I'm not going to lie, I have already started buying Christmas decorations.

Do Waycrossians eat gator instead of turkey on Thanksgiving? Savannahians eat shrimp. ;)

I wonder if Tony's moles are afraid they'll be eaten instead if they finally show up in Savannah. Hmmm.

How about waiting til after Thanksgiving like it used to be? I love how that holiday is trivialized by so many nowadays (not addressing this directly at you) because there's so much less money to be made from it.

I agree. I love Christmas but by the time is actually gets here I'm tired of hearing the music and I don't look twice at the decorations. If everybody would keep it to one months time it would stay special trough out. But that's just me...

Archived