• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter

jburns

We still have some organizing to do, the movie will be Dumb and Dumber 2. I'm pretty sure this get together is slated for Sat Nov 15. Just got some deets to workout

Ok, so here's a suggestion, based on a few of assumptions (1. We're meeting at the theater (or theatre, as British Mack says) in Concord, 2. We're going to see the movie first and then go eat dinner/hang out/whatever after that, and 3. We're meeting on Saturday 11/15):

A likely time for the movie before dinner time will probably be in the 3:30 - 4:30 range.  For the sake of this discussion, let's assume 4:00 (we won't know until Friday the 14th, but let's assume 4:00).  I would suggest meeting somewhere at Concord Mills maybe around 2:30ish (again, depending on what time the movie starts, but 2:30ish sounds reasonable), so that we would have a bit to figure out who everyone is.  Like Burger said, it might be weird going to a movie with a bunch of strangers and having to try to meet outside the theatre, introduce ourselves, and then go in.

Plus, we have Mack's "every other seat" rule to consider and we don't know how crowded the movie will be.  Opening weekend on a Saturday afternoon will probably be pretty busy, so we'll want to get there a little early to buy tix and avoid sitting on Row 1.

After the movie, we can decide on a dinner spot.  After dinner, we can decide on a hang-out spot.  After hanging out, we can decide on the after party spot.  After the after party, we'll have to find out where we are and how to get back to the hotel!

If this is an agreeable scenario, we will need to plan on a place and time to meet, prior to the movie.  What do you think?

1)  Good idea or not?

2)  If good idea, when to meet?

3)  If good idea, where to meet?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Yes

2. 2 o'clock

3.BPS

We may need to see the movies times before we pick a meet time. I'm all for chilling before the movie, but if we meet at 2 and the next showing is 6, that may be awkward?

Why?  We could frolic around the mall and eat snow cones!

I'm sure there is somewhere around there to chill and talk about SAI, SCE, NAO, #NCSTATEawesome, Jeff Gordon winning the championship, etc.

Why?  We could frolic around the mall and eat snow cones!

I'm sure there is somewhere around there to chill and talk about SAI, SCE, NAO, #NCSTATEawesome, Jeff Gordon winning the championship, etc.

True story, the other day my friend and I went to Chipotle near down town CLT and who do we see but Jeff Gordon eating alone right in front of the doors as you walk in. It very much reminded me of the sad Keanu meme. I didn't have the heart to snap a picture.  

Group, I'm supposed to be camping out Saturday afternoon/night in the Raleigh area with my daughter and a bunch of her friends and their Dads.  Other than the fact that it's going to be chilly on Saturday night and Sunday morning I'm wondering what the potential is for rain.  Can anybody give me a feel for whether we're expecting a lot of rain or just some light passing rain in the area?  The main concern is being able to maintain some semblance of a campfire given the cold.  Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Group, I'm supposed to be camping out Saturday afternoon/night in the Raleigh area with my daughter and a bunch of her friends and their Dads.  Other than the fact that it's going to be chilly on Saturday night and Sunday morning I'm wondering what the potential is for rain.  Can anybody give me a feel for whether we're expecting a lot of rain or just some light passing rain in the area?  The main concern is being able to maintain some semblance of a campfire given the cold.  Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Looks to be cold, damp, showery, breezy weather.  It's probably the worst night of the entire month for camping out, unfortunately.

From GSP on their FB page:

"At Charlotte, the earliest snow ever recorded was on October 31, 1887, when a trace fell. Snow has never been recorded at Charlotte on November 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 or 17, and no measurable snow has been recorded through until November 11, when 1.7" fell in 1967. Another 0.8" fell the next day, for a total of 2.5". The snowiest single day in November was the 19th back in 2000, when 2.5" fell. November snow records at Charlotte go back to 1878. A "snow season" starts July 1 and runs through June 30."

"At Charlotte, the earliest snow ever recorded was on October 31, 1887, when a trace fell. Snow has never been recorded at Charlotte on November 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 or 17, and no measurable snow has been recorded through until November 11, when 1.7" fell in 1967. Another 0.8" fell the next day, for a total of 2.5". The snowiest single day in November was the 19th back in 2000, when 2.5" fell. November snow records at Charlotte go back to 1878. A "snow season" starts July 1 and runs through June 30."

I remember that 2000 snow vividly. Pretty wild event. 

Lol. Snow season starts July 1 and runs through June 30th.

Can't imagine having to camp this weekend.  We camped last weekend for Yguides and it was mid-70's during the day and got down to about 50F that night and it was cold trying to sleep.  With the wind and temps in the mid-30's you guys will have it will be brutal, you guys are tougher than me, I couldn't do it.

Can't imagine having to camp this weekend.  We camped last weekend for Yguides and it was mid-70's during the day and got down to about 50F that night and it was cold trying to sleep.  With the wind and temps in the mid-30's you guys will have it will be brutal, you guys are tougher than me, I couldn't do it.

Haha...this is actually a Y Princess camp out. Truth be told you guys are giving me ammunition to convince our chief to cancel the camp out which will mean I can watch the State game on Saturday. #dadoftheyear

Haha...this is actually a Y Princess camp out. Truth be told you guys are giving me ammunition to convince our chief to cancel the camp out which will mean I can watch the State game on Saturday. #dadoftheyear

That might be best considering the latest 12z run..... It has that trough digging all that way down to northernmost FLA....if you do go, please be careful..

I use to be President of our youth athletic association here, we had 5 sports (Football, Cheerleading, Baseball, Softball, and Basketball, we had soccer for a while and swimming too), and coaches will play games in any kind of weather, it doesn't matter. If you didn't run them off the fields and make them go to their cars, they'd play in a lightning storm. 

There are so many cold and snowy winter forecasts out this year.  If this winter doesn't produce, there is going to be a LOT of head-scratching going on.  I mean, the scales are really tilted this year.

I don't ever remember since I started on these weather forums a winter where so many mets are saying the signs point to above normal snowfall here. 

Archived