Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which do you have? How much per month?

I've had both, during the busiest times of the year (January-March) I sometimes carry both becasue WxBell offers a bit more in the way of high resolution data and it's also a great source for the ECMWF ensembles, but StormVista updates a lot quicker so that's why I prefer it. The cost is $20 per month. I don't remember how much WxBell is.

I've had both, during the busiest times of the year (January-March) I sometimes carry both becasue WxBell offers a bit more in the way of high resolution data and it's also a great source for the ECMWF ensembles, but StormVista updates a lot quicker so that's why I prefer it. The cost is $20 per month. I don't remember how much WxBell is.

For a monthly subscription Wxbell is $20 a month..

Someone care to explain the difference between GFS and GFS parallel models?

Parallel is the upgraded version of the GFS from NECP, right now it's in beta but it goes operational on December 17th at which time the GFS as we know it will cease to exist. Highlights include better resolution, 3 hourly to 240 hours, and supposedly better accuracy. 

Parallel is the upgraded version of the GFS from NECP, right now it's in beta but it goes operational on December 17th at which time the GFS as we know it will cease to exist. Highlights include better resolution, 3 hourly to 240 hours, and supposedly better accuracy.

I see, thanks for explaining

i don't mean it as a slam on radio forecasters. we have so much information available on the internet and radio news listenership is declining

2-Digital-News-Surpasses-Newspapers-Radi

http://stateofthemedia.org/2013/audio-digital-drives-listener-experience/audio-by-the-numbers/

NJ 101.5 is sort of unique in that its talk/music with news/traffic/weather mixed in as opposed to 1010 or 880 which is all news. Its also the most listened to in the state so even if you're not tuning in for weather you're going to hear it because they give it 4x an hour

Gotta love these 1 off crazy Day 13 control runs of the Euro .

I hope the corresponding snow map to this does not make its away around on the internet as the hype of a Pre Thanksgiving Blizzard would be intense .

Please note , I threw this is in BANTER , as its more than likely BS 

post-7472-0-78624800-1415631216_thumb.pn

Not sure if this is the right place to inquire, but anybody have recommendations on sites (even paid) to get in the grind for the winter?  I finally have some spending money this year and am willing to spend some coin.

I've been looking at Weatherbell, Tropicaltidbits, Stormvista.  I notice this site even has a subscription option.

But looking for some help/recommendations on which one might be best (most bang for the buck in terms of models, options, etc., quality of graphics, usage).

Thanks!

Not sure if this is the right place to inquire, but anybody have recommendations on sites (even paid) to get in the grind for the winter? I finally have some spending money this year and am willing to spend some coin.

I've been looking at Weatherbell, Tropicaltidbits, Stormvista. I notice this site even has a subscription option.

But looking for some help/recommendations on which one might be best (most bang for the buck in terms of models, options, etc., quality of graphics, usage).

Thanks!

Not sure if this is the right place to inquire, but anybody have recommendations on sites (even paid) to get in the grind for the winter? I finally have some spending money this year and am willing to spend some coin.

I've been looking at Weatherbell, Tropicaltidbits, Stormvista. I notice this site even has a subscription option.

Thanks!

I have both StormVista & Weatherbell Premium for a total of $40/month and both are well worth it. great models that you have access to and sites are reliable

$500/year on largely redundant model graphics seems a little crazy. I bought a few months of weatherbell last winter and may do so again this year, but, truth be told, it's probably not worth the money. There are a million graphic sites for NCEP models, CMC and UKMET both have more-than-adequate free products online, and any ECMWF frame that's halfway worth looking at is posted and cross-posted to death.

$500/year on largely redundant model graphics seems a little crazy. I bought a few months of weatherbell last winter and may do so again this year, but, truth be told, it's probably not worth the money. There are a million graphic sites for NCEP models, CMC and UKMET both have more-than-adequate free products online, and any ECMWF frame that's halfway worth looking at is posted and cross-posted to death.

The only real reason I pay for models is to get the ensembles. You can find decent free graphics for just about everything else. 

That is crazy! If I do pay for a subscription its usually 1 site for 2-3 months tops. Plenty of free sites out there

Archived