• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

A word to the wise: every time you want to post a prediction, first ask yourself "why" you believe it. If you can't come up with the flimsiest of meteorologically termed rationales for your forecast, perhaps you'd be better off just keeping a personal log and comparing verification rates from there.

I like being underrated!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget the Keeweenaw Peninsula in Michigan's UP.

Pretty sure I said "south of 43 N"...UP is oh...I would guess around 47N...maybe 48N

that doesn't make sense

Repeat it to yourself like 10 times, factor it into your consciousness...and, in all likelihood, you will *still* be utterly confounded...*frowns*

now does that make sense

Well perhaps a syllogism will prove illustrative here...we will use what is colloquially known in philosophical circles as "denial of the consequent".

Proposition A: Tony Loves Snow can't comprehend intelligent posts.

Proposition B: Tony Loves Snow can comprehend his own posts.

Conclusion: Tony Loves Snow's posts are unintelligible.

I respectfully submit that my conclusions are utterly irrefutable...and no reasonable person can argue the contrary. *smirks*

Well perhaps a philosophical syllogism will prove illustrative here...we will use what is colloquially known in philosophical circles as "denial of the consequent".

Proposition A: Tony Loves Snow can't comprehend intelligent posts.

Proposition B: Tony Loves Snow can comprehend his own posts.

Conclusion: Tony Loves Snow's posts are unintelligible.

I respectfully submit that my conclusions are utterly irrefutable...and no reasonable person can argue the contrary. *smirks*

your gay

I know enough.

Yeah..but ultimately, when you go for that big job interview, they're are going to want to see a little more than your elementary school diploma if you want to be hired.

You know, this sort of reminds me of those games between Edmonton and the Devils back in the mid-80's...anyone else get that feeling?

I think the Oilers actually lost a couple of those games along the way...what they use to call "playing down to your competition"...or something like that.

Archived