joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck on the palisades! Someone sneezes and that road goes to sh*t.

She totaled her eclipse a couple winters ago driving home from my house during a snow shower. She walked away with a bruised shoulder and cut up face (air bag did more damage than anything else). She spun then got hit driver side by an SUV

Can some explain the recurving typhoon and how it will affect us?

Listen, I am not a MET, and this might not be right. But I thought that once it recurves, it will help drive the COLD air north down and flood into the US. I don't know the specifics, but once again, a MET would give a more detailed explanation. also, it helps with the AO to go negative? I think lol.

Listen, I am not a MET, and this might not be right. But I thought that once it recurves, it will help drive the COLD air north down and flood into the US. I don't know the specifics, but once again, a MET would give a more detailed explanation. also, it helps with the AO to go negative? I think lol.

Sounds good to me lol , thanks

Can some explain the recurving typhoon and how it will affect us?

http://mashable.com/2014/11/04/how-super-typhoon-nuri-increases-the-risk-of-extreme-weather-in-north-america/

how funny would it be if this winter wound up being cold and dry? it could happen with a weak enso and too much polar jet influence

Your absolutely right it can. It is called suppression and it bit us in the ass march when climatologically storms are suppose to go north not pass to the south. IMO our #1 concern in a winter where its forecast to be below average cold and average to above average precip.

2003 was still in and out in 24 hours, though freezing drizzle and snow showers lingered into Monday night and Tuesday. And it 50 degrees 2 days later and all melted.

I don't think that's right, unless it lasted a lot longer up here than down by you.

I was down in Florida during that storm and our flight back into KSWF was delayed for two days. When we got back to the airport, our car was burried under feet of snow and when we got home it was very much a winter wonder land.

Archived