Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh on the way it was written...

Anyway, just reading up on the big 1821 tornado that ravaged VT into NH. Lake Champlain to Lake Sunapee. Impressive

I'm still trying to dig up the old weather record from Portland for that day. I'm curious to see what conditions were like here. I've been able to dig up temps for Boston that day (mid 80s after 8 AM temp in the 70s).

I'm still trying to dig up the old weather record from Portland for that day. I'm curious to see what conditions were like here. I've been able to dig up temps for Boston that day (mid 80s after 8 AM temp in the 70s).

Nice outbreak for NNE. Only 4 fatal tornados in NH history... 1821 is such a while back, was there any sort of systematic recording of wx in NNE? Even closer to 1900 things were pretty sketchy in a lot of the country

Nice outbreak for NNE. Only 4 fatal tornados in NH history... 1821 is such a while back, was there any sort of systematic recording of wx in NNE? Even closer to 1900 things were pretty sketchy in a lot of the country

Your best bet is usually with the larger cities. Other than that you're relying on a stumbling upon diaries of weather weenie founding fathers. The records from Portland are from Lemuel Moody who kept fairly detailed records of conditions during that early part of the 1800s.

Archived