wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone. Going to be a long and difficult road. She's at Yale -New Haven so I've pretty much been on kid duty , trying to work, bring kids to friends, camp etc. Just praying for the best.

I was going to go down yesterday and run it and come back Monday. I know a few people that ran it today and said it was the best one in yrs.

Thanks everyone. Going to be a long and difficult road. She's at Yale -New Haven so I've pretty much been on kid duty , trying to work, bring kids to friends, camp etc. Just praying for the best.

I was going to go down yesterday and run it and come back Monday. I know a few people that ran it today and said it was the best one in yrs.

Good thoughts to all, Kevin.

Thanks all.

Let's get back to boring wx talk so mods don't get complaints from the usual suspects.

80 and sunny all week. Cold nights, warm sunny days. Sounds like Sept

Probably knock 8F off that for us in NNE.. Everyday seems uncomfortably cool.  I'll take a 70F for a high.  67F for a mid August high is not exceptable and down to 59F and its not even 8pm.  

Probably knock 8F off that for us in NNE.. Everyday seems uncomfortably cool. I'll take a 70F for a high. 67F for a mid August high is not exceptable and down to 59F and its not even 8pm.

I agree and the vast majority do. This is not summer wx and summer activities are affected. Closing windows every night and backyard pools at 65-70 is disgusting. Seeing people mowing yards in sweatshirts makes me throw up in my mouth

I agree and the vast majority do. This is not summer wx and summer activities are affected. Closing windows every night and backyard pools at 65-70 is disgusting. Seeing people mowing yards in sweatshirts makes me throw up in my mouth

The only reason I don't mind is I like to see the atmosphere produce colder than normal departures occasionally, lol, but yeah the past few days definitely haven't felt like summer.

The only thing I don't like is now when it gets to be in the 80s with dews in the 60s, it will feel downright oppressive. We had acclimated to summer temps, but now getting used to colder weather. Any 82/64 type days will feel real hot now lol.

just returned from 7 days in the Adirondacks.  High temps on Wednesday through Saturday were 59, 57, 61, 62.  Driving through Old Forge, Inlet, and along the numbered lakes of Route 28, was greatly surprised to see many trees changing color.  And not just the deep green to lime green as peak summer fades, but birches to a dull yellow, oaks to auburn, and maples to red and orange.  Surely, the dominant color was still green, but these trees said get your tanning done now, because summer is about to be over.

As we came back down to the Champlain Valley over Newton and Hudson Falls, the trees returned to a generally solid green.  An occasion tree had a limb or two with red leaves, but nothing at all like the higher areas of the Adirondacks.  It was quite reassuring, as I had felt like the last month of summer was stolen for good, with the woodpile only half completed.

Damage - best of wishes to you and your family.

I just got out of my pool 74 perfect. Sitting on the deck with a sweatshirt on by the firepit,love it.

Sorry to hear about your family issues - hope everything works out.

Where are people mowing their lawns in sweatshirts with 70 degree weather?  Everyone I see is in shorts and a t-shirt. 

I bet your kids are glad to have such a great dad. Best of luck with the healing process!

it was 62 here Fri, 74 yesterday and 73 today. This is equivalent to losing Feb to warmth and rain

In terms of sensible weather, nothing is equivalent to losing February to warmth and rain.

:angry:      :maprain:

I can easily get over a cool summer but I get irrationally emotionally invested in a suck winter.

In terms of sensible weather, nothing is equivalent to losing February to warmth and rain.

:angry:      :maprain:

I can easily get over a cool summer but I get irrationally emotionally invested in a suck winter.

I think most agree.  No one really asks Will to spout out summertime events ("Will.....what was the magnitude of that Bermuda high in 1962???)   I suspect Will would have no desire to do that, either.  :)

Later sun-rise really noticeable at this point..  Losing 2.5 minutes of daylight and nearly .5* of sun angle per day at this point.  The luge ride has begun.

Archived